timing for a head gasket job

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
after doing my tensioners I have discovered a water jacket leak steam out the back of my motor ...don't have a concise timing procedure to change the head gaskets im told there are little or no marks to line up the cams after but have seen a crank key and o'clock vid but that isn't a repair guide I assume its relaxing to a position on the clock for left and right and keyway on crank but I want something more solid in tutorial to contemplate the job

after doing my tensioners I have discovered a water jacket leak steam out the back of my motor ...don't have a concise timing procedure to change the head gaskets im told there are little or no marks to line up the cams after but have seen a crank key and o'clock vid but that isn't a repair guide I assume its relaxing to a position on the clock for left and right and keyway on crank but I want something more solid in tutorial to contemplate the job

Someone else can chime in on specifics that knows better than I do because I’ve only done it once 5 years ago. I believe the crank key goes at the 6 o’clock position and you put a block into the crank losition sensor to lock it and use the camshaft flats toward the front on the engine with a locking bar for tensioner job.

I can check out my manual later

Members online

No members online now.
Back