timing cover crank shaft seal

dcfresh

New LVC Member
Reaction score
so i guiess there is a tool 303-646 from ford to install a timing cover crank shaft seal.. is there any other way to put thiss on? curently doing timing chains on it, all 4, tensioners ext...

I took mine to a shop and had it pressed in. Just make sure to lube it prior. After watching it being pressed in I made the observation that I probably could have tapped it in with a rubber hammer but I'm glad I went with the press option. i think they charged me $6.

thank you

yeah it been hell trying to find that tool. ill take it to my freinds shop
what lube motor oil right?

I've made one [crankshaft seal installer] before for another car.
I cut a thick block of wood just a little bigger than the seal. I then drilled a hole in the middle of it the size of the crankshaft diameter. Then I used washers with outer diameters bigger than the hole size I used, and inner diameters that accommodated the damper pulley bolt. I used that bolt to tighten it down to press the seal in evenly.

That was more work than using the right tool (which I didn't have), but "when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail."

took it to a freinds shop he pressed it in thanks almaden automotive even hot tanked the front cover for me sick :} thanks guys
right now i replacing the chains got the tools

Members online

No members online now.
Back