Timing chains

Slow91z

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so my wife's car is making a nice racket from the front of the motor so I guess it's time to do chains and tensioners all that crap.

Did a little bit of searching and found where some of you guys had gotten your replacement parts from Christopher's Foreign Car Parts.

HOLY CRAP, is there no place cheaper where this stuff can be bought??? $650 just in parts for a car that's got 150,000 miles and bunch of dumb :q:q:q:q breaking on it that should never be broken.

That's it, I will never buy a Ford product again.

Thanks for time to vent.

Yeah, it sucks. You maybe able to look around more, but I paid more than that for my stuff when I replaced it all.

Have you checked with Max? (If it wasn't a Ford, it wouldn't even wear out the tires in 150K!):rolleyes:

KS

That's where Christopher's is.. Or you can buy directly from their website.. But IMO, I would get the 'upgraded' Jaguar metal tentioners..

Have you checked with Max? (If it wasn't a Ford, it wouldn't even wear out the tires in 150K!):rolleyes:

KS

Oh no my 200K mile chevy has worn out a few different things, but they were all things I could fix confidently myself and cheaper.

Everything that has broken on this car has been twice the pain it should have been, even topping off the AC was retarded.

I love how the car drives and it's comfortable, but after having it for 6-7 years I wish I had spent my money elsewhere.

I can't even respond to this. I'm to busy fapping to the avatar.

Yeah, it sucks. You maybe able to look around more, but I paid more than that for my stuff when I replaced it all.

Damn you guys realy are scaring me...I have the oo v8 sport as well...what milage did you have when you replaced all this? What are some clues to look out for before the s**t hits the fan.

Damn well I'm already at 140k...reading all this I just know that with my luck it's gonna happen any day now.

But I'll be putting more pressure because I will be running boost.. Just hope it lasts until next winter and I'll replace it then

Damn you guys realy are scaring me...I have the oo v8 sport as well...what milage did you have when you replaced all this? What are some clues to look out for before the s**t hits the fan.

Mine is making a noise that's coming from the front of the motor, I noticed it when I took it to the ATM and rolled the window down...Didn't even notice it when the windows were up.

My car was right at 145K when a metallic clicking/clanking sound started at the passenger side timing chain area. I put a mechanics stethescope on that area and it didn't sound cute in there. The car at idle felt as though it had a huge cam in it, ran real rough.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=52333&highlight=timing+chain+tear+down+time slight over view.

Well I got mine back together yesterday, just did the upper chains...I might get rid of it before I tackle the main chains damn thing looks like a nightmare down there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back