Time to freak!

hottweelz

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My computer lit up on my two week old (to me) Mark VIII and said "Check Air Ride System"

It's NOT dropping at 55 anymore and it's NOT lifting when you start the car... the compressor kicks on when you start the car but it seems to pump air forever and then the the computer flashes that again!

Aww Crap.
:Bang

Air bag leak. Better to replace the bags now, vs wait and maybe burn out a compressor too. If you need help on the pricing, let me know. Don't overpay.

MonsterMark said:
Air bag leak. Better to replace the bags now, vs wait and maybe burn out a compressor too. If you need help on the pricing, let me know. Don't overpay.
Thanks very much! Is it possible from hitting something on the hiway? I'll bring it to the dealership since it's only 16 or so days that I've owned it, I can probably get them to foot it :)

As for the air struts, check with Max at 5-star ford (banner as to the right) Tell him your calling from LvC. He has the best prices for OEM struts as far as I know.

Thanks Joey, will do, it is just the front, dropped, talk about lowered, it's reallllll low in the front now... by the way, i disabled "AutoGlide" .. is that the right one to disable the car lowering itself at 55?

Nope. AutoGlide are the seats. When turned off, the seats won't slide forward automatically.

Does your car pump up and then drop after a day or so? Does it drop on the freeway and not pump back up? If the compressor is running all the time, you probably have a pretty good size leak. I think you mentioned you may have hit something. It is possible something traveled around the wheelwell and damaged the solenoids. Take it in and have someone look at it and then report back to us before fixing it. The dealer will probably want $1000 to fix it and the guys here on the board can help you get it done for less than half that. Good luck.

Thank you! It has gotten worse and the car is not driveable, I got it home just now and it's practically sitting... see like that TerminVIIItor's car ;) but I'm bringing it back to the dealership, it's been not quite 3 weeks, I'm gonna force it on them ya know? by the way, it's ONLY the front end, the back sits high up, the compressor comes on for a long time and then the computer says "Check Airt System" ... it's not just ONE wheel its both FRONT wheels, so I"m thinking ... line... or valve.. some sort of central point of failure... hopefully the dealership will foot this bill... I have a smal llist of other trivial things like the mirrors too so might as well get it all done.... If they want to charge me, I'll DEFINATELY come here first! Thanks for the :V first real "pull thru" with help! :p Still got the Caddy

Shop the bags and labor.

Before you go to crazy with the dealer at $395/bag try the link below.
http://www.arnottindustries.com/ My local mechanic bought parts, two front bags and compresor from Arnott and installed them for $850. That was over a year ago and they are still doing great. The parts come from the Ford factory in Brazil and are of course the idential design etc. Arnott stocks them. It took my guy an hour and fifteen minutes to repair the car. The dealer had quoted $1,980. for the job! I saved a bunch, you can too.

Good luck, Bobber

hottweelz said:
Thank you! It has gotten worse and the car is not driveable, I got it home just now and it's practically sitting... see like that TerminVIIItor's car ;) but I'm bringing it back to the dealership, it's been not quite 3 weeks, I'm gonna force it on them ya know? by the way, it's ONLY the front end, the back sits high up, the compressor comes on for a long time and then the computer says "Check Airt System" ... it's not just ONE wheel its both FRONT wheels, so I"m thinking ... line... or valve.. some sort of central point of failure... hopefully the dealership will foot this bill... I have a smal llist of other trivial things like the mirrors too so might as well get it all done.... If they want to charge me, I'll DEFINATELY come here first! Thanks for the :V first real "pull thru" with help! :p Still got the Caddy

well. all is not lost, turned out to be two O-Rings on the compressor... fine, whatever... I get the car back from the dealership last night. Miraclously, I have NO A/C and NO CRUISE...

tbcanim.gif

I - PERSONALLY - do not recommend aftermarket air struts.

Maxx at Five Star Ford (see 5 star logo to the right for a link) will sell you front OEM struts for your Lincoln, for around $200 each, and it takes less then an hour to install them. Install them yourself or have a mechanic do it. Order them yourself if you have a Mechanic install them - mechanics upcharge every part they order, so you save by ordering them yourself and taking them to the mechanic for installation.

Bobber101 said:
Before you go to crazy with the dealer at $395/bag try the link below.
http://www.arnottindustries.com/ My local mechanic bought parts, two front bags and compresor from Arnott and installed them for $850. That was over a year ago and they are still doing great. The parts come from the Ford factory in Brazil and are of course the idential design etc. Arnott stocks them. It took my guy an hour and fifteen minutes to repair the car. The dealer had quoted $1,980. for the job! I saved a bunch, you can too.

Good luck, Bobber

Members online

No members online now.
Back