Time for the Repugs to throw O'Reilly under the bus?

You know...I STILL like Clark the best of all the candidates for the presidency of 2004

21365986_240x240_F.jpg

Calabrio said:
He practices the kind of politics I'd like to see practiced by everyone. He honestly tries to debate issues...he honestly puts thought in to his positions on topics, and he doesn't tote the party line for anyone he just gives his thoughts on things.

raVeneyes said:
He practices the kind of politics I'd like to see practiced by everyone. He honestly tries to debate issues...he honestly puts thought in to his positions on topics, and he doesn't tote the party line for anyone he just gives his thoughts on things.

That wasn't the case when he ran.
And even now, he seems like the perpetual politician. Now that's he's a Democrat now that it's advantageous, after being a Republican (when it was advantageous), when ever you see him make a comment you can see him think "O.k. so how do I make this a Democrat-friendly comment." Occassionally he'll slip and say something that is contrary to the Democrat party line, but those are faux pauxs

Calabrio said:
That wasn't the case when he ran.
And even now, he seems like the perpetual politician. Now that's he's a Democrat now that it's advantageous, after being a Republican (when it was advantageous), when ever you see him make a comment you can see him think "O.k. so how do I make this a Democrat-friendly comment." Occassionally he'll slip and say something that is contrary to the Democrat party line, but those are faux pauxs
Well I suppose I should study him more...but then again, what do you want? I think a person capable of finding that strong current and making others play along with it is an advantage for someone in the office of president.

You need to see the clip from the embedded CNN chick reporter who had done a whole bunch of street duty. She talks of knocking on doors and having an AK-47 answer. People would suddenly duck for no reason. etc.

She couldn't believe the restarint shown by the soldiers. She never saw a person shot by accident but thought it would have been easy to do so. She couldn't believe how incredibly tough it was to have to maintain that split second decision, a life and death decision on whether that person behind the door was a friend or a foe. She was literally broken down by the whole ordeal. I give our soldiers tons of leeway when dealing in these situations. You don't know what it is like over there. I imagine their hearts are beating out of their chests everytime they knock on a door.

Murtha is not doing us any favors.

I remember going up hunting for deer at my friends place. His grandpa would hunt with the same group of guys year after year. Hundreds of pictures of all the deer they had killed over the years. One by one, year after year, there would be one less guy. Started with about a dozen. One year I got there with my bud (we actually used the excuse every year to hunt 2 legged dear, but that's our secret), and we found the 3 remaining guys crying like babies in the kitchen. Saddest thing I had ever seen in my life. 80-90 year old men crying like 3 year olds. Why? They suddenly didn't want to hunt anymore. They were sorry for all the poor, helpless deer they had killed over the years, even though those same deer had fed their families.

Long story short, they stopped hunting, and I stopped going up. Old age had taken its final victiims. That is exactly what I see in Murtha. He is too old. There should be a mandatory retirement age to serve in Congress or politics for that matter. Age does really wierd things to the brain. In Murthas case, I think he has lost it and has lost his nerve, much like my friends grandparents and buddies had.

Sad.

MonsterMark said:
You need to see the clip from the embedded CNN chick reporter who had done a whole bunch of street duty. She talks of knocking on doors and having an AK-47 answer. People would suddenly duck for no reason. etc.

She couldn't believe the restarint shown by the soldiers. She never saw a person shot by accident but thought it would have been easy to do so. She couldn't believe how incredibly tough it was to have to maintain that split second decision, a life and death decision on whether that person behind the door was a friend or a foe. She was literally broken down by the whole ordeal. I give our soldiers tons of leeway when dealing in these situations. You don't know what it is like over there. I imagine their hearts are beating out of their chests everytime they knock on a door.
And yet...it's "safer" that Washington DC... which way do you guys want it???? You can't have both.

Members online

No members online now.
Back