Tilt/telescope steering wheel problems

BrentwoodLSE

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have feeling Satan has possessed my O4 Ls. Yesterday I started it and the horn started blaring and the steering wheel started moving around. Any attempt to adjust the steering wheel causes the horn to go off for 5 minutes, and the wheel won't tilt past a certain point. I've disconnected the battery and removed the steering wheel. My question is, is it the multifunction switch? I don't believe it's the clockspring, due to the cruise, stereo controls, etc working perfectly. I appreciate any feedback..

Not the multifunction switch. Most likely, you either have a failing battery, or you have loose and/or shorting wiring inside the steering column. You'll have to do some investigating.
The horn could still be the clockspring (every circuit does not usually fail at the same time), but the tilt/telescope movement is not related to the clockspring.

Thanks for the fast response. I have feeling it might be the battery, it is kind of old. I'm going to start there.

well the OP hasn't been on since last April so I doubt that you will ever hear what the real problem ended up being...

aside from that, if you symptoms are the exact same, then you advise will also be the same.

Members online

Back