Ticking and misfire after breaking fuel injection pressure sensor! I have a ticking sound could this be causing my issue?

lookinglass

LVC Member
Reaction score
If i broke my fuel rail pressure regulator sensor on the ps fuel rail when i was tightening the egr nut, could it just be a misfire? I broke the part where the little vacuum nipple goes from the sensor body to the throttle body???? I went out this morning and got it to operating temp and there is a code and i do have a misfire? Can the mis be causing tick?? I have a loud tick from the ps valve cover toward the front. I had the intake manifold off and changed the gaskets and all the cooling mess and water pump, put it back together and this?

I thought we covered this in another thread you started recently... and determined that you have an issue with a secondary timing chain tensioner, or a cam phaser.

If everything is over "advanced" on the passenger side... It might be causing some binding... which will cause further damage... not only to the tensioner, but the cam phaser too... and possibly the rest of the valve train (which includes the cam followers)... which is were the noise is possibly coming from.

Like I said in the other thread... keep running it, (and driving it)... and you will find out.

Last edited:
Hopefully you replaced the FPS... but a misfire is the symptom of the problem. (the "tick")

There is probably mechanical damage on the passenger side... from the over-extention of the secondary tensioner.

I thought we covered this in another thread you started recently... and determined that you have an issue with a secondary timing chain tensioner, or a cam phaser.

If everything is over "advanced" on the passenger side... It might be causing some binding... which will cause further damage... not only to the tensioner, but the cam phaser too... and possibly the rest of the valve train (which includes the cam followers)... which is were the noise is possibly coming from.

Like I said in the other thread... keep running it, (and driving it)... and you will find out.
Im not running or driving it. Waiting for taxes to arrive and get it looked at. Just forgot to mention I broke that sensor and I realize that sometimes misfires can sound mechanical.

I didn't fix the broken sensor it's $100... Thursday is payday and I will replace. I kind of just forgot how I broke the sensor because I was in such distraught about the noise that I forgot that I had to fix the sensor. I appreciate you taking the time to help me with my questions. I'm not going to drive it and risk more damage I've been letting it sit all week.

Members online

No members online now.
Back