Thunderbolt Cat owners...

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Do you have trouble with cat efficiency codes too or should I begin troubleshooting further down the line?
My Short term fuel trim readings for bank 1 are through the roof.. both pre and post cat. (at least thats what I'd imagine ST TRM1 and ST TRM11 mean)

I have not had any issues yet. Ive had them on for a month or two. I have not done any readings yet but I will try to run some later when I get my car back from the exhaust shop. Im getting flanges welded in so I can remove 2.5" cat back if I need to. I will post my readings as soon as I can

Did you replace your oxygen sensors and unplug your battery for 10 minutes when you installed them?

yep and yep.. and it was fine for a month or two now i'm getting all sorts of wonky readings. Only one bank is reading high, the others normal. Maybe my MAF is going..

Do you have trouble with cat efficiency codes too or should I begin troubleshooting further down the line?
My Short term fuel trim readings for bank 1 are through the roof.. both pre and post cat. (at least thats what I'd imagine ST TRM1 and ST TRM11 mean)

Catalytic converters have no bearing on fuel trim. You problem should be one or more of the following:

1. O2 (front) sensor(s) problem
2. Airflow problem (air leak or MAF fault)
3. TPS
4. fuel problem (pressure or injector(s))
5 ignition problem (coils)

I haven't heard of ST TRM11. Are your sure the the "11" isn't really "II" as in 2. In that case it would be short term fuel trim on bank 1 and short term fuel trim on bank 2. I can't imagine there being any post cat fuel trim. There's just a post cat efficiency reading.

the tool i boirrowed had reading for ST TRM 1, ST TRM 11, ST TRM 2, and ST TRM 21 (and respective long trims). Which I assumed meant pre and post cat. I doube checked the intake and i Don't see any leaks or unmetered air entry points, all 4 O2s are less than 3 months old, but I did see one of the wires plugging into the MAF sensor look a little exposed.. I haven't had any trouble with my MAF - I generally clean it every few months too..

Nick would you be able to get the all data diagram for the MAF wiring? I would appreciate it.

Nick would you be able to get the all data diagram for the MAF wiring? I would appreciate it.

Assuming 2002 ls 3.9;

2002 maf wiring.gif

2002 maf 2.jpg

2002 ls maf 3.jpg

I've never had good luck with hi flow cats. Only way I got rid of codes was to have the rear O2s turned off in a tune.

Members online

No members online now.
Back