thump/squeak from the front end

bmxbang

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Don't worry did my research. But is there a how to for getting the front sway bar bushing's replaced? I have an 04 V8 Ultimate with 59,xxx miles on it. How long am I looking at for replacing the bushings? This would be the first time I will be fixing anything suspension wise on the LS what's the difficulty level? I'm capable of doing this but I'm asking questions because I will most likely be doing it in my buddies driveway as my LS's home is in a parking lot.

I am assuming its the sway bar bushing as i just began hearing it yesterday while driving over bumps.

Also a link to the bushing size I might need would help me out a ton and are the energy suspension bushings still the best to go with?

help my poor car out :D

6744237901_6b4fbfbef9_z.jpg

Don't worry did my research. But is there a how to for getting the front sway bar bushing's replaced? I have an 04 V8 Ultimate with 59,xxx miles on it. How long am I looking at for replacing the bushings? This would be the first time I will be fixing anything suspension wise on the LS what's the difficulty level? I'm capable of doing this but I'm asking questions because I will most likely be doing it in my buddies driveway as my LS's home is in a parking lot.

I am assuming its the sway bar bushing as i just began hearing it yesterday while driving over bumps.

Also a link to the bushing size I might need would help me out a ton and are the energy suspension bushings still the best to go with?

help my poor car out :D

On the 2nd gen LS the bushings aren't really replaceable. They are bonded to the stabilizer bar. You would need a new bar. From what I gather it's a bear of a job. I tried and gave up as the bolt under the DCCV (on the gen 1 V6) was way too difficult with the tools I had. I had it done and IIRC labor was about an hour. For ~$100 someone else can fight it!

Any updates on this bmxbang? By the thread title it sounds like my poor car is suffering from the same symptoms. Wondering if replacing the sway bar cured yours. Working on getting this thing in tip top shape while I can.

Last edited:
Couple videos I shot of the sound it was making. Seeing what the dealer says when it goes in for oil change and to see what the overheating issue is. To watch click the pictures below.

th_VIDEO0007.jpg

th_VIDEO0008.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back