throttle body spacer 4.6l continental

mac$

New LVC Member
Reaction score
im looking to get a throttle body spacer for my 96 continental ,ive heard a f150 or a mustang gt throttle body spacer might fit ,does any one know if this is true ,i bought a k&n air filter for my continental and on the box it said 96 gt cobra but fits perfect do they have the same intake and throttle body ?thanks

I have a 2000 Continental. The TB is a dual valve(55mm ea.), two stage. I've not seen any spacers for my car.

I have been looking for a tb spacer as well. I have found that the '04 & '05 Aviator has the same tb and there is one made for it. If you look on Ebay for our tbs you will see that the Aviator is listed as the only other compadable vehicle. You can also do the same by looking up the Aviator tb. The Aviator did have a single barrel on some aplications. I will post when I find the company and details. They are normally a piece of cake to install.

A throttle body spacer would be a complete waste in my opinion. The reason I state this is because the continental intake already has butterfly plates in the plenum close to the head. They are acuated by the silver box with 2 cables coming out. At idle to 3000 RPM the plates are closed for quick throttle response, at 3000 RPM and above they open. These engines already have the best of both worlds. Randy

I believe the manufacturers know that too. I contacted a couple of manufacturers, Vortex and I can't remember the other, and they don't make one. I even asked if they made one for the '03 Aviator because it does use the same (double barrel/2 stage) throttle body. But, if you look for throttle bodies for '98-'02 Conti. or '03 Aviator, there are some single barrel types being sold for both vehicles as well. I don't know what the deal is there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back