Throttle Body Gasket

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Taking my TB off upper intake to access coolant elbow below. I see two gaskets the flat type & round O-Ring for gen2 3.9. Which would be needed in this case, or both?

Really, you shouldn't need either. (BTW, I recommend that you take the intake off with the throttle body still attached to get to that elbow. Really, it's just as easy as the other method.)
Anyway, the flat metal gasket is between the throttle body and the throttle body adapter. I assume that you are actually going to take the throttle body adapter off (with the throttle body still attached), since removing only the throttle body wouldn't help you.
The o-ring type gasket between the manifold and the adapter should be reusable.

Thats what I thought and couldnt see..

Im not sure how you think that taking the TB with adapter off is harder than the upper intake. That was a total PITA with all the crap connected and in the way. Wires fuel egr hoses fuel cowl brace..laying it back in was a pain as well.

Thats what I thought and couldnt see..

Im not sure how you think that taking the TB with adapter off is harder than the upper intake. That was a total PITA with all the crap connected and in the way. Wires fuel egr hoses fuel cowl brace..laying it back in was a pain as well.

It's harder/worse when you consider that you have to cut the rear two bolts holding the elbow on. Then you have to hope that the shortened bolts have enough threads left to properly hold in all conditions. Really, removing/reinstalling the manifold is not that difficult. (It's not the "upper intake", it's the whole intake manifold. The V8 is one piece, unlike the V6.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back