This world is unbeleivable

danny_holtermann

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As most of you know i lost a friend about a month and a half ago, i have lost another due to the stupid war in afghanistan, I met both of these people at the same tim eback in 7th grade, now within two months i lose both of these great friends, her is the article

MANITOWOC — A 22-year-old Marine corporal from Manitowoc and three other members of his battalion died during combat in southern Afghanistan Wednesday, according to a Marine Corps spokesman.

Cpl. Justin J. Cain, 22, was among those killed, the Department of Defense announced on Thursday. He is a 2007 graduate of Manitowoc’s Lincoln High School, and enlisted in the Marines on June 19 of that year.

His battalion had been stationed in Afghanistan since September, after shipping there from Camp Pendleton, Calif., according to Cpl. Nola Zachary of the 1st Marine Division Public Affairs Office.

Cain and three of his battalion members were “conducting mounted combat operations against enemy forces in Helmand Province, Afghanistan, on Wednesday,” when they were “killed by an IED (Improvised Explovive Device) blast,” according to a prepared statement from that office.

Zachary said the four soldiers were riding in a “mine-resistant, ambush-protected ATV” when the blast occurred. He said other details were not immediately available in a report from the Defense Department.

Cain, a machine gunner, was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force.

Katelyn Birringer, 20, Cain’s long-time friend, said he had looked forward to going to Afghanistan.

“That’s what he wanted to do,” she said Thursday. “He wanted to be there, and wanted to fight for our country. He really wanted to do that.”

She described Cain as a “crazy, fun-loving guy” who enjoyed spending time in Las Vegas. He was not married.

Birringer related that Cain’s last visit to Manitowoc was marred by the death of his good friend, Nick Jost, in an Aug. 29 car crash near Newton. She said Cain was on leave at the time, but had to fly back to Camp Pendleton a day before Jost’s funeral because his unit was preparing for its mission to Afghanistan.

The Defense Department said those killed with Cain in Wednesday’s IED explosion were:

Lance Cpl. Phillip D. Vinnedge, 19, of Saint Charles, Mo.

Lance Cpl. Joseph E. Rodewald, 21, of Albany, Ore.

Pfc. Victor A. Dew, 20, of Granite Bay, Calif.

Zachary said Cain had earned numerous awards during his service, including the National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal and the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon. The Marine Corps will present to his family the Purple Heart and the Combat Action Ribbon on Cain’s behalf, Zachary said.

“The Marines and sailors of the 1st Marine Division mourn the loss of Cpl. Cain,” the Marine Corps said in a prepared statement. “Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family.”

Zachary said arrangements to bring Cain’s body back to the United States are pending.

Cain’s parents, James Cain and Judy and Tim Stock, declined comment on Thursday.

http://www.htrnews.com/article/20101014/MAN0101/101014157/UPDATED-11-p-m-Manitowoc-Marine-killed-in-action

All i know is that 2010 :q:q:q:qing blows and obama and bush can s on my d like a baby c and then go :q:q:q:q themselves

Lif is not fair

I hear ya buddy. Sorry for your loss, I may not know them but they will be missed. Here's some government bashing to cheer you up!

bush bird.jpg

bush_wrong.jpg

screw you guys.jpg

obama.jpg

another.jpg

bad days.jpg

calm down.jpg

change diaper.jpg

ComboBarack.jpg

economics2.jpg

Members online

Back