This is no good

dertyclown

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so my DL was revoked for speading and Ill have it back in march. so ya I took the car out for a little and the cruse control does not work, same with the horn. the horn works when the alrme goes off but thats it. Any Ideas I really need the help!!! :feedback

dertyclown said:
Ok so my DL was revoked for speading and Ill have it back in march. so ya I took the car out for a little and the cruse control does not work, same with the horn. the horn works when the alrme goes off but thats it. Any Ideas I really need the help!!! :feedback

I would have to lean towards the clock spring assembly being bad. Both the speed control (cruise control) and the horn button (not the alarm portion) goes thru the clock spring.

Hope that helps.
:Beer

:) tomorow i get my air horns installed :)!!!!! WHOO 128Db!

ok so When I got the car the RF spindle was bent and I got a new one from a frend at a junk yard for free, since I helped him pick the car up and patr it out. so if thet ABS sencer that was in it was bad would that make the cruse control not even turn on? the horn I don't really mind since like Mr. wilson I love it to be loud and am looking at putting somthing really big on any way. but the CC is needed. so maby just replace the ABS sencer or will I under the dash?

dertyclown said:
ok so When I got the car the RF spindle was bent and I got a new one from a frend at a junk yard for free, since I helped him pick the car up and patr it out. so if thet ABS sencer that was in it was bad would that make the cruse control not even turn on? the horn I don't really mind since like Mr. wilson I love it to be loud and am looking at putting somthing really big on any way. but the CC is needed. so maby just replace the ABS sencer or will I under the dash?

Nope, the ABS sensors have nothing to do with the cruise control. Clock spring is most likely what your problem is. If you had a problem with the ABS you would have an ABS light lit. :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Nope, the ABS sensors have nothing to do with the cruise control. Clock spring is most likely what your problem is. If you had a problem with the ABS you would have an ABS light lit. :Beer
ok so this clock spring how much and how hard is it to replace? not to sound like a jacka$$ were is it and how would I know if it is bad. also nothing came up when I scanned it w/ with the snapon tool. and ya my ABS light is on and have no TC witch I likw So I know that rf sencer is bad but i just don't care. I hate ABS and TC

ABS is generally a Good Thing (tm). If I had to guess, i'd say check and clean the connectors on all 4 wheel sensors and see if that corrects it. If you have a diagnostic tool, that should give you a better place to start.

Ok I know what you are all talking about now so ill try all that, thanx a lot all

dertyclown said:
ok so this clock spring how much and how hard is it to replace? not to sound like a jacka$$ were is it and how would I know if it is bad. also nothing came up when I scanned it w/ with the snapon tool. and ya my ABS light is on and have no TC witch I likw So I know that rf sencer is bad but i just don't care. I hate ABS and TC

The clockspring is behind the steering wheel. What I suggest you do is pull the airbag off and see if there is any wires that are behind there that are loose. To get the airbag off of the steering wheel there is 2 9/32 (I think that is the size) that holds the airbag to the steering wheel from behind. I would also pop the positive battery terminal so you do not accidentally blow the airbag. If there are any loose/broken wires that could be your problem, but I still think it could be the clockspring.

The clockspring is what all your wires behind the steering wheel run thru. There might even be a few wires bent/broke on the clockspring. To get to it you also have to remove the steering wheel.

ya I looked in to it and I can get one for like $30 so its no big deal the ABS sencer was mesing with the spedo so I think you will tyr out a new one of thoes too

Usually speedometer readings come from a sensor on the side of the transmission near the tailshaft.

Members online

Back