**This Is A Disgrace****

7DMACH1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This is a quote from www.dragracingonline.com Agent 1320
THIS IS SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS?

There were some representatives of the Armed Forces Radio and Televisions Services at Pomona on Thursday, Feb. 9. That branch of the services furnishes our troops with free programming overseas. Evidently NHRA was under orders from ESPN, who owns all of the rights to shoot any action shots at NHRA events, to not allow the AFRTS folks to shoot any part of the day's racing from the side of the track. They ended up in the stands, according to DRO staffers at the race. Shame on NHRA and ESPN for this petty action. [2-10-2006]

:I those ppl are over there risking/givin thier lives for all of us... the least they couldah done was allow them some trackside footage to enjoy. very petty indeed.

7DMACH1 said:
This is a quote from www.dragracingonline.com Agent 1320

I went in and only found this from 2/13, I know yours was the 9th, but utl:
http://www.dragracingonline.com/agent1320/2006/1320-viii_2-12.html

.....where NHRA initially denied them the ability to shoot any on-track video footage at the Winternationals. The team was at Pomona to provide Army drag racing oriented stories to entertain our troops and to help build the TV audience for the ESPN show being broadcast on February 15 to troops stationed abroad and on military bases in the U.S. over the American Forces Network.

Over the weekend both NHRA and ESPN agreed to provide on-track and pit footage at no charge to the AFN for the Winternationals. According to Col. Crotts, they will have a working agreement since they intend to return to future NHRA POWERade events because, "Our troops love drag racing."

Thanx, I was just going to post that. Glad they reached an agreement!!!:cool:

Members online

Back