Thinking of selling the LS

theunclesam

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got an 03 V8 LS with 54k on the odo. Every option avail. for the 03 year (Nav, rear heated seats, backup radar, cooled seats, HIDs, tri-coat pearl white, everything). It's got the 8 spoke chrome wheels with Yokohama 17/245/40 (I think, have to look it up) rubber on them. Great car, no problems, just getting ready to buy a house and need all the $$$ I can get for a down payment.

Looking to sell for $22k. Assuming the above, you think it's reasonable? The car is in near perfect shape. Just wanted some opinion on the price.

I will do that tomorrow night as I don't have time tonight. However, just given the numbers, what do you think?

Looks identical to this (except mine has HIDs):

main_ext_4.jpg

main_int_5.jpg

guess it varies by region. i bought my 03 with EVERY option (including nav) a year ago with 40 something for 20K.

it's not a bad price, but the issue you will be up against is that people can buy a new '06 for 24K. I know it doesn't have near as many options, but it's the perception of a new vs used car for about the same money

good luck on your sale, and nice ride!

Yeah, the resale on these cars is not very good at all. And now that they don't make them, Lincoln is just trying to get them off the lot; it doesn't help either. I'll probably go with 22k and wiggle around from there.

Just an update. I am now selling this car. I will try and get pics tonight or tomorrow night. It looks the same as above, however to give you an idea. I am asking $21,000 (LVC deal) which is below KBB private party value.

The car runs and looks good. All options work and it has been well taken care of. The only reason I am selling it is because I am going to be buying a house soon and just want something cheap to run around (Think Corolla... I know, I know... :( ). The specs are as follows:

EVERY option available on the 03 LS V8 (HIDs, Nav, Heated F/R seats, Cooled front seats, etc..)
57,300 miles
P.I.E. iPod hook up to the THX Nav system.
Always used 93 octane

I need to get rid of the car soon, so I'm motivated to sell. No reasonable offers will be ignored. Please email me at:

dweaver33@gmail.com for more information.

I would be willing to meet up with any local (Chicagoland) buyers for a test drive.

I am less than two months into my new '05, same options execpt nav. but full factory warranty, paid 19k at a dealer. I guess every area has its price, maybe the LS is not as common there as it is in Orlando. I guess why not start on the high end. That is alot of money though for a now 4 yr old car without warranty.

Fla02LS said:
I am less than two months into my new '05, same options execpt nav. but full factory warranty, paid 19k at a dealer. I guess every area has its price, maybe the LS is not as common there as it is in Orlando. I guess why not start on the high end. That is alot of money though for a now 4 yr old car without warranty.

Congrats on your excellent deal. I don't live in FL, and have no idea what kind of market is there, however in Chicagoland this is on par with others I have seen (Internet, Dealers).

Anyways, you interested in buying or just trolling for your own personal enjoyment? :D

Ok, let's try this again. As I got busy with work, I had no time to advertise or offer this car to anyone but for the above post. The car now has 60k miles, and obviously I was a bit high before (Or maybe I'm more motivated to part with her now...:( ). I'm now going at $17,000 OBO. If you think it's high, then make me an offer!

I'll try to get some pics up soon, but it may have to wait a week or so depending on workload.

The car looks/runs/drives great, but house purchase is looming in my future and I need all the money I can get.

theunclesam said:
Just an update. I am asking $21,000 (LVC deal) which is below KBB private party value.

I bought mine in October 2 years ago. Yes, I looked it up on KBB, it seemed like a deal also, above the blue book price for a used car. But at the turn of the new year. It lost well over a grand in value. And now 2 years later, I'm just keeping even on what I owe compared to the value. :(

Good luck though. Very nice car!!!!!

pbslmo said:
I bought mine in October 2 years ago. Yes, I looked it up on KBB, it seemed like a deal also, above the blue book price for a used car. But at the turn of the new year. It lost well over a grand in value. And now 2 years later, I'm just keeping even on what I owe compared to the value. :(

Good luck though. Very nice car!!!!!

Yeah, these cars just don't hold their value at all. I'm no longer at the $22k like in my original post. I'm now selling the car for $17k.

Thanks for the compliments to the car, it is very nice. I love driving it, but sometimes you have more important things in life to spend money on...

Yeah, I was wanting to sell mine but realized I had to keep it due to the value dropping like a rock. When I get it paid off, I'll trade in in on something else. :(

Bumping this up cause this car is still for sale. I'm asking $17k. If anyone in the Chicagoland area wants to see it, please PM me.

I was called by the dealer last week about a '05 13xxx with everything but THX for 19,000. Had to turn him down. I wouldn't be able to get what I own on my car and have something to put down on the newer one. Also, who has money to put on sales taxes every couple of years? Right before Xmas? Not me. :(

I have a 05 Lincoln LS V-8

I have a 05 Lincoln LS V-8 sport. It has stability control and most other items except the optional radio and the side airbags.

It cost me 23,500 at a Lincoln dealer and I got the 7 year 70000 mile full Lincoln warrantee with it.

I think your price is very high considering yours is an 03. Perhaps 19900 would be a fairer price.

Salligator in Houston

salligator said:
I have a 05 Lincoln LS V-8 sport. It has stability control and most other items except the optional radio and the side airbags.

It cost me 23,500 at a Lincoln dealer and I got the 7 year 70000 mile full Lincoln warrantee with it.

I think your price is very high considering yours is an 03. Perhaps 19900 would be a fairer price.

Salligator in Houston

Hes asking $17K for it now, Im sure he would be glad to take $19900 from you :Beer

02V8Sport said:
Hes asking $17K for it now, Im sure he would be glad to take $19900 from you :Beer

Yeah we can do $19,900. :)

But yes, I'm doing $17k now. I think it's a pretty good price.

Members online

No members online now.
Back