Thinking of selling my LS

DLS8K

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.......its been a long run on here but I think it is time I bid farewell to my LS. I've got a deal in front of me that I cannot pass up......but would like your opinion on it.
For the amount of miles I drive, it doesn't make sense for me to own a car. So i will be leasing a 2006 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL for $213/month. It is loaded.....same options as my LS but it has a Bose 6 disc, heated seats that work, heated steering wheel, and a full warranty.
I have owned my LS for 15 months and loved it. I was paying 250/month for the car, 60/month insurance, and I have spent 3500 fixing it in those 15 months which averages out to 233/month.
The Maxima will be 213/month for the car, 130/month insurance, and 0 maint. Which is the better deal? Its really a no brainer. Sure, I won't own a car, but why would I want to own a car out of warranty? The average cost of ownership for a car out of warranty in terms of repairs is 130/month. Mine happened to be 100 higher than that.
I just can't keep pouring money into a car that I don't drive that much. I will post pics of the Maxima in the next few days.......that is if no one rails me too badly on my decision. Let me know what you guys think.

Sorry to hear your getting rid of the Lincoln.... its a unique car, but sounds like the maintenance is killing you.

So, I understand WHY.

Bozz

Since I change cars frequently, meaning they are never paid off anyway, I too had thought about going the lease route. What company did you check with? Having warranty is important to me.

Smokey said:
Since I change cars frequently, meaning they are never paid off anyway, I too had thought about going the lease route. What company did you check with? Having warranty is important to me.
I actually work at a Nissan dealership as a sales consultant. I am really going to miss the Lincoln.....the looks it gets, the overall feel of the car. With that said, however, the Maxima is a great car in its own right. Would I rather drive my LS? Yes, but financially, it just isn't in my best interests.
You know, the V6 in the Maxima is a powerful engine......not to mention its reputation as being on of the 10 best according to Wards for the past 12 years. I really can't go wrong.

Some of the other options the Maxima has are xenon headlamps, power folding mirrors, and 18" wheels. As much as I used to knock the other cars, I really have to say Nissan is doing good things these days.

Sell that :q:q:q:q.. The LS is a nice car but damm does it have some problems and damm does it suck up some gas... mine is gone as soon as i get a buyer...

The Maxima is a nice car. I'm sure you'll like it. The SL is the soft, non-sport suspension. I drove my 2004 SE until I got the LS. I thought the SE was just about a perfect car with the exception of the front-wheel-drive torque steer. As you probably already know, Nissan is doing a generation refresh on the Maxima beginning with the 2007 model year, I believe, so you should be able to negotiate a cap cost on your lease well below MSRP.

I really like the new Maxima's so I would jump on it too. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back