Thinking of picking up an LS...

ds33gt

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Well after owning 2 SHO's(95 and 97) and just selling my 03 SVT focus, I was set on getting a GT or Cobra. I've always loved the styling and luxury of the LS and am thinking of possibly picking one up over a stang. I am totally clueless about ls's and any problems, quirks, perf. mods. that are available and can be done and to which models should be avoided. Sorry for the noob questions but you guys should have a stick w/ FAQ's for people like me!!! :dancefool

1. What is the model to get the v6 w/ the 5 speed or the v8?
2. What is available for bolt ons, what kind of inc. in HP can be expected?
3. I had the sct for my svt, and got nice gains with tons of added driveability, what kind of adv. are you guys expecting w/ the SCT Xcalibrator?
4. What is the deal w/ the LSE package, are they very rare?
5. Are there any posts that would be helpful so I can learn more about the LS and some of the pros/cons of it?

Thanks guys/gals, I appreciate it!!

ds33gt said:
Well after owning 2 SHO's(95 and 97) and just selling my 03 SVT focus, I was set on getting a GT or Cobra. I've always loved the styling and luxury of the LS and am thinking of possibly picking one up over a stang. I am totally clueless about ls's and any problems, quirks, perf. mods. that are available and can be done and to which models should be avoided. Sorry for the noob questions but you guys should have a stick w/ FAQ's for people like me!!! :dancefool

3. I had the sct for my svt, and got nice gains with tons of added driveability, what kind of adv. are you guys expecting w/ the SCT Xcalibrator?
5. Are there any posts that would be helpful so I can learn more about the LS and some of the pros/cons of it?

Why don't you do a SEARCH

The 5 speed was made from 2000-2002 only accounted for like 1% of the total LS sales those years so it's a rare vehicle to find. The 5 speed only came in the sport version of the LS.
You can get the cold air intake kit(www.llsoc.com), cat-back exhaust system (Magnaflow, Borla). You should see around 15-25 HP increase with those systems. Another bolt on item will be a supercharger. One of our members here (QuikLS) is test fitting one and will be the first have it. Once the bugs are worked out they will be sold for around $5K.
I've went through 5 tunes and finally found one that suited my LS. I haven't had it dyno'd yet to get a baseline but my "butt dyno" tells me it's definitely helped. Also, the SCT flasher is going to be instrumental in providing tunes for the up and coming supercharger.
The LSE appearance package was first introduced in 2002 and dropped the same year. However, the LSE appearance package is availalble now on the 2004 and 2005 LS's. The LSE appearance package was just that...appearance. There wasn't any additional performance features than the regular LS. I sell the 2002 OEM LSE body kits for the LS so you can have it installed on a regular LS.
Do a search in the LS threads. There has been several posts regarding people's likes and dislikes.

Hope that helped and welcome!

Ken

ds33gt said:

Members online

No members online now.
Back