Thinking about making the first LS coupe. Should I go for it?

actually the XLR's had Northstar motors (even the XLR-V...) which would be the one reason I wouldn't want one of them.

I'd LOVE to pick up an XLR with a blown engine for a project. Rest assured a Northstar would not be put back in.

I'd LOVE to pick up an XLR with a blown engine for a project. Rest assured a Northstar would not be put back in.

turn it into the luxury corvette it should have been in the first place!

if it was me, I'd like to see either a LSA or maybe even just stroke out 419 and definitely a Tremec to back either of them up!

If they can do it with a Dodge Charger, you can do it with an LS. I say go for it. I'd like to see how it turns out

turn it into the luxury corvette it should have been in the first place!

if it was me, I'd like to see either a LSA or maybe even just stroke out 419 and definitely a Tremec to back either of them up!

There could only be one choice. LSX454. Factory crate, small block configuration, 610HP, 590TQ, idles almost like Granny's Buick. Super sleeper.

thats would be a swell choice sir! if I was to go that big, I think I would want to put a big (almost too big) cam in it. if Im going to have big block displacement, then I dont want no smooth idle, I want it to idle crazy like a drag car! lol, but then again, sleepers arent really my style :burnout: also kinda hard to be a sleeper in a $100k car!

interesting enough I was searching through the local drops outs the other night, and I came across an article about one of Livernois Motorsports (one of the better speed shops around these parts) and they were trying out one of their level 3 LS3 long blocks, fukcer has the 419 stroker kit, full forged/H beam rotating assembly with their own billet CNC LSA style heads. said while they were only building up to 800hp with a Magnuson blower, the engine was rated good to 1100. best of all, just over $11k for the engine without any cores needed... now its got me looking for G8's with blown motors! lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back