Thinking about buying a '00 LS

Lo05

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm new to this site and I was just wondering, I've been reading on this site on how many problems the 00' LS has had and just wondering what I should look into when buying a 00' LS. It has 99K miles on it and when I test drove it it was a smooth and over all a quiet ride and I just love it. Even my friend told me on how easily it seemed to shift to 70 MPH. I'm thinking about getting a 5 year loan and will be moving around alot soon. So I'm not sure if I could afford any extra cost...Will it last 200K miles? Will it last five years? what do you guys think? Thanks

Oh I forgot to add it's a V8 Sports Model I believe. I know it's a V8 Model though. I didn't have enough time to talk to the dealer but I looked under the hood

99k is alot but of miles but if you get a warranty then id say go for it. any other problems your gonna have are gonna happen with any car you buy.

Lo05 said:
Hi i'm new to this site and I was just wondering, I've been reading on this site on how many problems the 00' LS has had and just wondering what I should look into when buying a 00' LS. It has 99K miles on it and when I test drove it it was a smooth and over all a quiet ride and I just love it. Even my friend told me on how easily it seemed to shift to 70 MPH. I'm thinking about getting a 5 year loan and will be moving around alot soon. So I'm not sure if I could afford any extra cost...Will it last 200K miles? Will it last five years? what do you guys think? Thanks

Where in Iowa are you?

What do you think about the car? Would it be an alright buy to get it at 99K? I might be stuck with the car for another five years

No, pics it's from a smaller dealership but from what I saw it had no nicks no dents I am hoping to get more information tomorrow and they are asking 10800 But I think I should get that down right?

i did a kelley blue book on it, the suggested retail is 14000 and private party is around 10500. so if it were me id try to talk em down to at least in the high 9s. what are they asking for the warranty.
i have an 00 and have only have a couple problems soo far (less than a year). but mine came with 43000 miles for 14500. check this one out on autotrader.com, i drove to chicago to get mine. search outside your area, youd be suprised what you can find in your price. http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...006&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=208

Are you saying my best bet is just to look around and not bother with the 99K LS?

I'll sell ya one its a v6 with 43k miles for 14k has 100k warranty

I bought my 00 V8 with 102k for $8k out the door.

My advice - get an 02 if you want the pre-electronic throttle and pre variable-cam-timing engine..

Maintaining the car isn't cheap, and most places wont talk to you about warranty's after 100k, and if they do, they don't cover much, from what I've seen.

-Matt

Members online

No members online now.
Back