Think I just rode in our LS for the last time today

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is driving it through tuesday at which point his neighbor will be buying the car. I got promoted to TSgt last week and as a "gift" to myself, bought this:
NewVette.jpg

Sadly, I have no room for 5 cars and although I could make the payments, no want for a third car note. So, knowing the wife wanted nothing to do with the LS after all our trouble, it was the obvious sacrifice.

I will say that I'm already missing it, the comfort, quietness, but it was time to part ways. Maybe down the road our future holds another LS, but for now, it's time to say good-bye. I just would like to say thanks to everyone here for the support and help that was lended while we had the car. Couldn't have done anything without you all!

Fasrbird, You've been here awhile stick around and help out with knowledge every now and then.

pepperman said:
Fasrbird, You've been here awhile stick around and help out with knowledge every now and then.

Oh, I don't plan on leaving. I lurk quite a bit still. I really can't believe we're selling it but it's just one of those things you gotta do, you know?

Fastbird said:
Oh, I don't plan on leaving. I lurk quite a bit still. I really can't believe we're selling it but it's just one of those things you gotta do, you know?
Yeah Fastbird, I know all to well.

Well you gots to do what you gots to do and I do not blame ya. I am in a similiar situation, can easely keep the LS but I just feel there are more important things to do in life that keep worrying about a potential expensive problem and blah blah.

Nice buy too, a guy I know got a pretty much new one, its an '04 or '05 I believe and he loves it. He also got a huge house built and a H2, bastard!

congrats on the new rank and ride. i`ve heard tsgt us one of the rough ones to make. i just tested for staff, so i`m not quite where you are at yet. enjoy it..

Fastbird said:
I got promoted to TSgt last week and as a "gift" to myself, bought this:

Congrats on the promo. Welcome to the E-6 club! :Beer

TSgt/MSgt Promotion Rates
The Air Force has announced the promotion selection rates for the latest cycle of promotions to Technical Sergeant (E-6) and Master Sergeant (E-7).

For promotion to Technical Sergeant, 9,114 were selected, out of 42,248 eligible, for an overall promotion rate of 21.57 percent. There were 6,212 selected, from 23,956 eligible, for promotion to Master Sergeant, with an overall promotion rate of 25.95%. The public release (by name) promotion list is scheduled for June 24, 2004. For details about the Air Force Enlisted Promotion System, see Air F

Pissed I had to look it up on Google instead of you telling us what it is!;) Congrats on the new ride and position. I almost bought a Vette back in the early 90's but remembered I was a Ford guy through and through.

Thanks for the support everyone. TSgt took me three tries and those numbers posted were the correct ones for last years cycle (the one I made it in). TSgt is definitely the toughest to make for us testers, but I'm not even going to discuss SMSgt or CMSgt, lol.

KD00LS, I can do another meet, any time. The Vette is my daily now and for anyone who's had insight into my mind, you know dang well that I'm GOING to mod it. Only a matter of time............But I an knee deep in my Trans Am's motor build right now so funds are preoccupied for that.

I'm already thinking of what the wife and I are going to get when kids come along in the next couple of years, and give you all one guess at what's topping the list right now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back