thermostat - 03 LS V8

bgjersey30

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a pic or diagram of how the thermostat should be properly installed and seated in the housing? When installing a new thermostat housing the previous owner took out the thermostat and did not replace it so I have nothing to go by to make sure the thermostat is sitting properly.

Thanks for any input!

Don't want to start a new topic on a thermostat when there is one near the front page...When changing the thermostat, do we need a gasket between the thermostat and water outlet? If so, what is the part number from Ford (or a parts store like NAPA).

I have a 2000 V8.

Don't want to start a new topic on a thermostat when there is one near the front page...When changing the thermostat, do we need a gasket between the thermostat and water outlet? If so, what is the part number from Ford (or a parts store like NAPA).

I have a 2000 V8.

There's a reusable o-ring on gen II, but I think that gen I uses a normal gasket.

There's a reusable o-ring on gen II, but I think that gen I uses a normal gasket.

I seem to remember a rubber gasket came with my gen I t-stat about two months ago. You could buy the t-stat with or without them, but you have to ask why you'd buy without...

Gen 1 uses an o-ring around the thermostat also. The thermostat should come with it! If it doesn't, take it back and get a better one.

#1 in the picture presses into the housing and you twist it, and it locks under tabs in the housing. On my '03, the :q:q:q:qty plastic was starting to weaken everywhere, and the tabs broke off as I tried to change the thermostat. It might be good to change the housing at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back