There's a new Troublemaker in Town!

MojotronGT

LVC Member
Reaction score
Evenin' Ladies and Germs,

I've been lurking on this site for a little while now and I've finally decided to join so I can post. I've driven my '94 Towncar for 8 years and I'm in the final stages of transplanting a fully rebuilt (by me) Mark VIII engine for some added git-up-n-go. I'm taking my sweet time since it's no longer my daily driver but I'm getting very anxious to take it out to Woodward!

I've got some research to do on here, but you'll likely be reading me gripe about some electrical problems I've made for myself by combining the Mark and TC systems! :Bang Fun Stuff! Looking forward to some friendly words in the line of "What were you thinkin' kid?"

Mojotron TownCobra Fall.jpg

Mojotron trio web.jpg

TownCobra web.jpg

That's awsome, I bet you've got a one of a kind town car..keep us updaed on how it progresses..BTW I like the skylark too! What year? 66-67?

Thanks guys! And KeVIIIn, so far as I can tell, yes- this will be the first 4valve Towncar, if it's been done before, it wasn't ever posted on the internet! The Skylark is indeed a '67- 340, 2bbl, 2spd. I call it the Funeral (It's got a "Funeral" plaque from a hearse I keep in the back window) Between the flat black body and the metallic powder blue interior, it feels like driving a 250hp casket. The hood on that car is clear-coated brushed steel. It's pretty slick at night in city lights.

I also discovered the hood (skin and webbing too) on the Towncar is aluminum! I'm very tempted to polish it, although I'd have to wear my welding mask to drive it on sunny days. :cool:

That's a sweet color on your Mark.

That's awesome, man! I actually had the idea to do the same thing a few years ago. I came across a Towncar for cheap locally, and had a Mark VIII engine sitting around and was thinking something along the lines of a Lincoln version of the Marauder, but I never pulled the trigger, so it's cool to see someone actually doing that. Keep us posted on your progress. Also, I like your Jag. I've always been a fan of the XJS, but I ended up getting a Vanden Plas. Does yours have the V12?

@ Maverick, Thanks! I've had the Mark engine for almost 4 years now, but the actual rebuild itself didn't start until about a year ago. These things can take time when it's a one man show.

I went with the 4.0 6cyl in the Jag since I wanted it as a daily driver, not so much as a weekend toy. The 6 just made more sense from a maintenance and efficiency standpoint. It's got a TON of mid-range torque, I like it a lot. If anything catastrophic ever happens to the engine, I'm not ruling out some 4 Valve Modular action under that hood either!

The Vanden Plas are very pretty cars as well, but I'm a selfish 25 year old car designer so I went with the 2 door!

I went with the 4.0 6cyl in the Jag since I wanted it as a daily driver, not so much as a weekend toy. The 6 just made more sense from a maintenance and efficiency standpoint. It's got a TON of mid-range torque, I like it a lot. If anything catastrophic ever happens to the engine, I'm not ruling out some 4 Valve Modular action under that hood either!

The Vanden Plas are very pretty cars as well, but I'm a selfish 25 year old car designer so I went with the 2 door!

I've got the 4.0 I6 in the Vanden Plas as well, and I've got to agree it's a pretty solid engine. I have heard some bad things about the V12's as far as reliability, but for whatever reason, I still think they're pretty cool. I drove a XJS V12 at a car auction once, and I was hooked.

I probably should've gone with a XJS too, but at the time, I already had the Mark VIII and was looking for just a nice cruiser to use as a daily driver while I started doing more serious mods to the Mark, but the Mark ended up getting wrecked about a year later. Now I wish I'd gotten something a little sportier, like the XJS or XJR instead.

Now I wish I'd gotten something a little sportier, like the XJS or XJR instead.

The thing is, XJS' are pretty competitively priced with Mark VIIIs, especially non "facelifted" versions. I've seen near-mint bodied First Gen V12 XJS' go for $1000 because they have blown head gaskets. it would be a sensational car to put Ford power into. It's on my Bucket list.

While I have a HUGE appreciation for the Mark VIII powertrain,I find the proportions of the XJS to be decidedly sexier. Here's a pic of my XJS this weekend at Cranbrook:

Cranbrook Jag 2small.jpg

That is one good looking Jag, man! I'd never really thought about swapping a 4.6 DOHC into one of those, but now that you mention it, that would be pretty cool. I do have a couple Mark VIII engines sitting around at the moment... You see alot of people do small block chevy swaps into the XJS' and older XJ6/XJ12's, but a mod motor would definitely be something different.

for some more advice .. PM chicken and 94m5 as they have done some wild projects during their history on LvC.

Good Luck with your project.

Also you're not to far away from the annual Beach Party ...would be a great place to display your finished projects.

fyi in 1991 ford needed a test mule for the 4v, and put them in 50 1991 TC's for long-term testing, i guess it tested well & the rest is history! btw i like your 4v swap on you TC hope you enjoy it!

Members online

Back