The Wave??

natural gas

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I've owned corvetts for years and still do, and I also owned a Jeep Wrangler for a year or so ( overated, noisy,and cramped).Both those vehicles have a wave factor built into the lifestyle that you wave to another when passing. I've had my 94 Eldo for 2weeks now and love it. But I was wondering is there a wave code going on with the Caddy clan also? I don't want to come off as some nutcase waving to everybody driving a caddy if not. Nat:D

Yes there is but it's not the same as with your other vehicles. Since cadillac owners are more subtle than others, here is the deal. With your hands positioned on the steering wheel at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock position just like you learned in driver's ed, when you see a caddy coming give the peace sign (2 fingers in a vee) with your left hand while holding the wheel.If the other caddy does the same then you may give a slight head nod and smile as you pass. Of course if you really love caddies you may smile and nod at all of them. Also, if you are driving by a cool caddy that is parked with people around it then the thumb up is in order. These basic rules apply to lincolns as well by substituting the middle finger for the other fingers in the previous examples.
:F

wave

I thought the wave was originated by corvette, I didn't know that caddy did it too.the corvette also uses the v, v for vette.mayby caddy should be a d sign?.

Torquemonkey, No I won't be there, I'm in Ma. Don't know why it doesn't show on my sig. I'll have to fix it.Sounds like a good time though. Fixed

I may just be the only caddy in a sea of lincolns in Boscobel but at least i'll get lots of practise at the 'lincoln' wave ! LOL! Seriousy, I would love to take my 61 caddy convertible to the meet if it is ready by then but the 93 eldorado N* will be a good second choice.

Hey, look forward to trading shots at the meet - it's worth the free LVC T-shirt and and MsM8's going to make an apperance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back