The spring clips on hoses

grizzlyls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace a few hoses even though none are broke when my mech has the radiator out in December. Choices in hoses sometimes have clips on them. These usually are little more pricey.

Any reason I should choose those to replace the existing clips? The mech of course will have that special tool to remove that BR showed me awhile back, so dont think they should be damaged any.

Looking to replace a few hoses even though none are broke when my mech has the radiator out in December. Choices in hoses sometimes have clips on them. These usually are little more pricey.

Any reason I should choose those to replace the existing clips? The mech of course will have that special tool to remove that BR showed me awhile back, so dont think they should be damaged any.

IMHO it depends on the cost. If you're looking at $10 per clamp I would just use the old ones. If they're like $.50 a piece I would replace them. That said, I have ALWAYS reused those old spring clamps.

From posts in other forums, apparently they do fail eventually. Maybe twenty or so years?

Thats why I am asking, cost. Usually the part would be around 15 bucks more. Prime example so far is lower radiator with oil cooler I can get AC Delco for $58, OEM for $75, and I think the only difference there would be that I have seen clips on the OEM pics.

For $15, I think one or two clips replaced at cost would still be cheaper.

...I think the only difference there would be that I have seen clips on the OEM pics...

That's not the only difference. Different part from different molds from different manufacturer with different ingredients.
I don't know if the OEM is better or worse, but so far, the OEM parts do seem to be better each time...

I know joe, I meant this time differences between clips or no clips with it. On some things though, I am willing to trust GM's 'OEM' version. Course, that's why I always tend to buy Amazon. Inspect it when I get it, if it doesnt seem up to the price savings send it back, easy peasy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back