The president graced columbus with his presence today.

ShortCircutLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, Obama visited Columbus today. Chaos. Pure chaos ! They shut down I-270 East and West. As well as Alum Creek Dr. But worst of all we didn't have power at work from 11:30 am- 2:30 pm. I don't know if it had anything to do with his visit or not, but my shop is only a half mile from where he landed. Yes, I watched his plane land and take off.My truck drivers couldn't go to any company that wasn't local due to the road closures. We are between CSX and NFS rail roads so there's only one way in and one way out. Incoming orders were very difficult because freight drivers didn't expect the whole dang city to be shut down. there were sheriff and highway patrol everywhere! At every corner even at every RR underpass . I'm glad its over.
We got our change America. Now lets vote a change for the better for 2012 !

Same thing happens no matter who is president...its all the same.

They close everything down no matter who the president is. When Bush came through Tampa to go to MacDill they shut the whole downtown business area down. Skyscrapers full of people who could do nothing but watch air force 1 land and take off.

Just like when Clinton took that road-trip as part of the funeral procession for his buddy who died. Forget how much of the interstate system they shut down for that one through Arkansas. I just remember it cause I was stuck in the traffic as the limo rolled by.

And if you really want to make a change you will vote Congress out. They are easily 2/3's of the problem. But it is easier to point the finger at one man as opposed to 535 people. /political

Yeah its the entire government not one man.

This country has been going down the drain for a long time now.

And if you really want to make a change you will vote Congress out. They are easily 2/3's of the problem. But it is easier to point the finger at one man as opposed to 535 people. /political
+1 and by the way there are 435 members of congress, about 137 who have a main goal of ruining OUR country all together.

This isn't about one guy. It doesn't matter who is "president ". it's the party and ideas that our current president represents. that I don't agree with. I don't care who takes office in 2012 , I just want to see America's economy in a better states.

To be honest it doesn't seem like any party does any good anymore.

To be honest it doesn't seem like any party does any good anymore.

Touche. I'd like to see someone run, that doesn't think free health care is a good idea. They should appreciate the fact that America has better than average stable health care because we pay our asses off for fancy x ray machines, sterile blades to cut us open and research . IMO, that's ranks high on the scale.

I think Giuliani should run.
And on a side note, where the hell is all the money coming from to redo all these roads?! Really ? This is what I'm paying taxes for?! Could be better spent. If they want to redo some roads, they need to get their butts over here and get some pavement on my road. This gravel sucks. But I look at the bigger picture, that money could be better spent.

Ghouliani, Lmao

Every time you fill your car up with gas you are taxed for roads, your income tax is used to pay the bankers for our national debt.

Ghouliani, Lmao

Every time you fill your car up with gas you are taxed for roads, your income tax is used to pay the bankers for our national debt.

I never said income taxes. That being the case, I've had two LS 8's for the past 8 years. Ive filed up enough times to have my own service road from l my house to my shop !

If we got the hell out of every country that we ate in we would have a national surplus and not a defecit.

what i want is someone who will just tell the dang truth!!! say we are going to war over oil not free a country...be a Muslim and be proud(i dont agree with muslim ideas but thats another debate)...dont say you are agaisnt govt spending but EVERY bill you purpose is nothing but SPENDING!!!! and like every other job in America you dont perform you are out, YEAH TALKING TO YOU SENATE AND CONGRESS!!!!!!! ok off my soap box now haha

Well, the whole point of this story was. I lost money today, I was pissed . Its a new day now. I'll make up for my lost money today!
Thanks for letting me rant LVC !

Regardless of the president, Security will always be present. I have seen the President a few times here in Hawaii. I live a block away from the Golf course in Which he comes visit here on base. I was fortunate to see him up close and shake his hand. I am a big supporter of the current president, but even if the previous or future president, i would be equally excited. It did make life a little difficult since i had to park 8 blocks down and walk home, but i was understanding. I was also in the Pensacola base when he paid a visit after the gulf spill. Pensacola nearly shut down.

+1 and by the way there are 435 members of congress, about 137 who have a main goal of ruining OUR country all together.

There are 435 Congressmen in the House of Representatives who represent the distribution of the population. There are 100 Senators in the Senate who represent the individual states. The House and the Senate make up the two parts of Congress. That's how I ended up at 535 :)

But anyways, enough political talk. It always end up badly.

How many congressmen are millionaires? Now ask yourself how many of those congressmen were actually millionaires before they were congressmen and how many were made millionaires by the actions they took in congress. Our country is being run by greedy politicians who we put in office.

Forgive me, but unless they drove him in an LS to and from his appearance, why is this even a thread? And that goes for any President regardless of party affiliation. :)

If we got the hell out of every country that we ate in we would have a national surplus and not a defecit.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Huh?

(I usually eat in the United States, although, on occasion I've had a meal in Canada or the Bahamas.)

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back