The Next Step

Renzo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I've got the body almost ready for paint on the LSE so now I've been collected my other goodies for the restoration and I'm hoping you can give me some suggestions. So far I've collected the following parts for the resto:
- New front and rear Monroe struts, isolator seats and mounting kits.
- Eibach lowering kit
- New rear stabalizer links and adjustable tie links
- New rotors, pads, calipers and stainless break lines front and back.
- New wheel studs all around
- I've new tires Nexen N3000 245/45/18 and the 18 inch Alero wheels I picked up on LVC

Now what I'm not sure about and I have not been able to locate searching the site is if there is an aftermarket front stabalizer kit that beefs up the front suspension. Something that is of greater diameter and with bushings that provide for better handling and corner stability up front? Also have I missed anything here is there another suspension component or components I should be considering replacing?

You dont need to worry about beefing up anything.

The suspension on this car is already excellent and made of aluminum. Just buy new control arms to get new bushings.

You may want to return those monroes.....motorcraft sport shocks are the preferred choice.

You will have no handling issues with a lowered LS on 18's and sport shocks.....matter fact you'll glide through turns and corners.

Ok the camper kit I just bought on ebay. Now what about the control arms. I dont want to make a mistake again should I buy Motocraft or is an alternate manufacturer prefered? A link would be appreciaed so I know what your thinking

For your control arms you can't go wrong with OEM replacements but the MOOG control arms will suffice if you want to save a couple bones. To answer your question though, you should buy Motorcraft as alternate manufacturers are not preferred.

Members online

No members online now.
Back