The new Vette=POOP!

holy crap, i dont know who to believe,( i mean seeing IS believing), these guys, or motortrend and car and driver, which they had nothing but praise about the new C6. nice find geno!

ONEBADMK8 said:

What do you expect from GM? LOL!

That plastic interior reminds me of the brand new GTP I sat in last weekend. In the pictures, the interior looks awesome. In person, it blares "cheap". I was thoroughly disappointed.

The Corvette has never been very impressive IMHO. Those zany Brits seem to forget that there's another American Supercar named the Viper (if you can really call it American). The Viper has been absolutely destroying the Vette since 1992! Only recently with the introduction of the Z06 has the Vette began to catch up.

Given a choice between the Viper and the Vette, I'll bet 9 out of ten car guys would pick the Viper.

Kale

I have to say this reinforces my long time opinion of the Vette. I've always called it an over priced wanna be sports car. They try so hard to compete with the super cars but it just doesn't happen. All brawn and no brain.

Looks like GM went pear-shaped on the materials again. Maybe they should raise the price of the car by 5 large and actually use thick quality carbon fiber interior components.

I guess somebody has to defend it. :rolleyes:

codewize said:
I've always called it an over priced wanna be sports car.
That statement is out there. They are available for $45k. I don't understand how that is overpriced, when most comparable sports cars are almost twice the price. The Viper starts at $82k! Here is a nice MotorTrend article:
http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0211_vv/index.html

And the guy in that video appears to be doing his best to trash the car. I can understand he may feel the car has short comings, but his commentary is absolutely rediculous. Take it for what it's worth.

I agree the commentary is ridiculous and I agree he's doing his best to trash the car. However the Vette is supposed to be Americas sports car.

So I guess my feelings are, either they're trying to produce a low budget car or a sports car. You don't get both. We certainly have enough low budget sporty type things out there. I think the Vette should be a $100k super car like they think it is and like all the Vette fanatics think it is. People will still but it and the Viper is proof of that.

JoshMcMadMac said:
That statement is out there. They are available for $45k. <SNIP>

And the guy in that video appears to be doing his best to trash the car. I can understand he may feel the car has short comings, but his commentary is absolutely rediculous. Take it for what it's worth.

Is that Michael Moore driving the Viper in that article.

The gearbox is really that hard to move, the clutch feels like a triple disc race setup, the front end looks like the last year Mitsubishi 3000GT...etc...etc I could go on forever, you can have that heap.

codewize said:
I think the Vette should be a $100k super car like they think it is and like all the Vette fanatics think it is.
No offense, and certainly not trying to start a fight, but that is a very ignorant statement. No one that knows anything about the car claims it to be a super car. For the price, most people will say it is an amazing car. Not a super car that will beat all other cars. We are all entitled to our own opinion. Please don't claim to know the opinions of others, though.

Again, not trying to cause a confrontation. I hope we can keep this as a mature conversation.

ONEBADMK8 said:
...the front end looks like the last year Mitsubishi 3000GT...
That's an interesting comparison. I hadn't thought of that, but here are two pictures to compare:

car4.jpg

c62.jpg

No problem. This is certainly not a hostile discussion. I do agree with some of what's said about the low budget interior. I personally haven't driven any of the current generation Vettes. And maybe they don't claim it to be a super car but it is supposed to be a sports car. I just like the fact that the CTS-V and the upcoming STS-V, both around $50k, will both give the Vette a run for it's money and they're American luxury cars. I have not done a side by side comparison on these vehicles due to lack of time, but I just have never seen the Vette as anything special.

JoshMcMadMac said:
No offense, and certainly not trying to start a fight, but that is a very ignorant statement. No one that knows anything about the car claims it to be a super car. For the price, most people will say it is an amazing car. Not a super car that will beat all other cars. We are all entitled to our own opinion. Please don't claim to know the opinions of others, though.

Again, not trying to cause a confrontation. I hope we can keep this as a mature conversation.

i want to add something! when they lined up the C6 in that drag race, the TVR is NOT in the same league with the vette, im sorry that TVR is $100k or more, and i believe its a V12 those brits dont know how to class a car race, that was a very big mis-match IMO. i mean all those cars except for the NSX is about $80k and up sport cars, they better beat the vette. also i disagree that when they also said that the vette was cheaply made, come on its a VETTE how can GM cut corners on a vette! and lastly the way they were knocking that car i was hoping for a final insult that the engine would explode! but like i said car and driver had nothing but praise about the C6 saying it is an awesome car, but seeing IS believe unlike reading articles in a mag!

codewize said:
I have not done a side by side comparison on these vehicles due to lack of time, but I just have never seen the Vette as anything special.
The Corvette does not have any specifications on it's website for the 2005, but the CTS-V does.

Starting at $49,995.
0 - 60: 4.6 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.1 seconds
Top speed: 163mph

For the 2005 Corvette, I visited www.corvetteactioncenter.com, and more specifically here: http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/2005/intro.html

I'll assume the starting price to be that of the current model, at $44,635
0-60: 4.2 seconds
1/4 miles: 12.6 seconds
Top speed: 186mph

The pictures of the interior of the CTS-V were nothing special in my eyes, but that is hard to tell without sitting in one. It seems like a great deal, but my concern is if it will maintain a "Cadillac" feel to it, or if it will become some strange luxury-sport hybrid, with no prime qualities of either. But time will tell.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
...and lastly the way they were knocking that car i was hoping for a final insult that the engine would explode!
Yea, I remember now that they had done a review on the new GTO. They raped it as well. I think they intentionally talk poorly of all the cars they test. :rolleyes:

Well done. Thanks for the info.

JoshMcMadMac said:
The Corvette does not have any specifications on it's website for the 2005, but the CTS-V does.

Starting at $49,995.
0 - 60: 4.6 seconds
1/4 mile: 13.1 seconds
Top speed: 163mph

For the 2005 Corvette, I visited www.corvetteactioncenter.com, and more specifically here: http://corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/2005/intro.html

I'll assume the starting price to be that of the current model, at $44,635
0-60: 4.2 seconds
1/4 miles: 12.6 seconds
Top speed: 186mph
<SNIP>

Members online

No members online now.
Back