The new Subwoofers

He's really not an idiot, you guys are missing the point, and even though I don't agree with his theory it has merit.

ur an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youre a :q:q:q:qing noob.

I agree. His statement was completely biased and totally incorrect. Funny he said you would have enough space for two 15s in a LS, but I had two in my trunk for the longest time without any problems and held a state record for 4 years in my class.

You can make it fit but it wont sound as good as it could with a larger trunk.

Im not biased at all. Ive had multiple sub setups before.

Trunk space outside of the enclosure doesn't matter unless it's a sealed trunk... even a tiny trunk could work with most woofers if; 1. the box is at least the minimum size for the woofer, and 2. you do not seal the trunk airspace to the cabin. The only real size requirement is that you must fit a properly constructed enclosure into the space allotted. Please don't let opinion get in the way of fact. The only idiots here are those who spout BS, namecalling over a triviality.

I know for a fact that the same setup can sound better in a larger trunk...because i tried it with the suv i had before my ls.

I used the exact same setup in both vehicles and it was much louder and deeper in the suv. Dont know why this needs to be dragged out any further.

I dont take kindly to some random guy with 10 posts coming on here and calling me an idiot. If you dont agree with me thats cool but im not some high school drop out.

I don't blame you for disliking what that guy had to say, I was on your side about the namecalling.

But still, there are alot more variables car/suv not just more space, no division between that space, better damping properties, cabin shape, what kind of cabin gain each vehicle experiences, etc. I'll drag it out as long as you do that you have an opinion not a fact on your hands.

I know for a fact that the same setup can sound better in a larger trunk...because i tried it with the suv i had before my ls.

This is not always true because I pulled my setup in my old SUV and put it in my friends' acura integra hatchback and it metered almost 5 decibels higher. Same subs off the same amp and I actually had the better headunit. I wasn't calling you, personally an idiot, I was merely stating that your statement was purely opinionated not factual. Not meaning to ruffle any feathers, just saying that there are MANY different combos out there that can make all different sounds and pressures.

This is not always true because I pulled my setup in my old SUV and put it in my friends' acura integra hatchback and it metered almost 5 decibels higher. Same subs off the same amp and I actually had the better headunit. I wasn't calling you, personally an idiot, I was merely stating that your statement was purely opinionated not factual. Not meaning to ruffle any feathers, just saying that there are MANY different combos out there that can make all different sounds and pressures.

Hatches have the oh-so-convenient horn, or wedge, effect. SPL people love hatches, CRXs were very popular.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newsletter/cabin_gain.htm

About halfway down the page is the goodstuff on the subject.

The ls is not a hatchback so why would you compare an integra to it??

I know hatchbacks sound good.....thats what i mean by my suv vs the ls. The ls has an enclosed trunk, the suv i had was a montero sport which has that same effect.

Im getting grilled for no reason. I never said my way is the only way.

All you said was trunk size limits bass response. In relation to the topic, cabin gain, which is what makes your bass loud in most cases, is size independant due to the enormity of subbass wavelengths and how they pressurize the interior. Like I said from the beginning. FYI, no, a Montero is not going to experience the same horn effect as a hatch due to the shape of the backwall of the interior. Once again, to be clear I am not grilling you, maybe that guy it, not me.

Well mike it did for me. so thats all i can say.

I just got some of my system started. Here's what i have so far:

15" dc audio level 5 @ 2ohm 4000watts
12000watt soundigital digital refrence amp
2 c&d technologies 490 series batteries

Still shopping for a double din head unit and good door/rear deck speakers and amp for those.

Thats a badass lil setup.

I would go with something pioneer like a 3200BT.

Well mike it did for me. so thats all i can say.

I have no doubt that what you claim you experienced is true. I am not calling you a liar. I just believe your reasoning is flawed. What you experienced, the gain in bass volume in the Montero, was from transfer effect which is unrelated to size, and directly related to shape.

The ls is not a hatchback so why would you compare an integra to it??

I know hatchbacks sound good.....thats what i mean by my suv vs the ls. The ls has an enclosed trunk, the suv i had was a montero sport which has that same effect.

Im getting grilled for no reason. I never said my way is the only way.

I never compared a LS to an integra. I was just proving your theory wrong on if you go with more vehicle air space, the louder it will be. I took the same setup out of a big SUV and put it in a compact car and it hit harder. You did say your way is the best by saying that 15s are too much for a LS. Get your story straight and actually read what you write and what others write.

I never compared a LS to an integra. I was just proving your theory wrong on if you go with more vehicle air space, the louder it will be. I took the same setup out of a big SUV and put it in a compact car and it hit harder. You did say your way is the best by saying that 15s are too much for a LS. Get your story straight and actually read what you write and what others write.

No you just got butthurt about the damn 15's and over analyzing :q:q:q:q.

I think theyre too just stupid big for the tiny ass trunk...you dont and thats cool. Just beating around the bush trying to get the last word are we??

It can be louder because more space equals larger box. But im done with this.

This can be technically true, if you have a speaker that can utilize a box larger than the trunk. But, that is rarely going to be the case. I've shoehorned 2 JL 15's into a '91 Mazda 626, I had to remove all the rear interior panels to slide the box in through the rear deck area. Still worked out... If we are talking car audio enthusiasts, we know there's no real reason a larger driver shouldn't be used if it can fit. There is an a large list of reasons why you should use the largest driver you can manage to accept in your space.

wow

I didn't mean to start anything but if u don't have proof that a 10 can hit harder then a 15then don't say anything and quit being ignorant because a 10 can't. The cone size on a 15 blows more air there fore creating more bass. So just because you have tens and can't aford the 15s don't get cocky. My two hcca 15.2 have enough power and room in a 8 cubic foot box in the trunk of my 2000 lincoln ls. I will send the links of the vids as soon as possible so you can compare your tens to my 15s. The fact is 10s are sound quality subs and 15s are aimed more twords the spl type. So no quit being ignorant.

You guys are trying to compare free air in a suv to trunk space in a car. Of course the free air system is gonna be louder your sitting in the same compartmeent as the subs! But my point is my trunk hitting 152 dbs 28)) sound louder then any free air setup by far.

No you just got butthurt about the damn 15's and over analyzing :q:q:q:q.

I think theyre too just stupid big for the tiny ass trunk...you dont and thats cool. Just beating around the bush trying to get the last word are we??

Yea but when you open that tiny ass trunk and see those big ass subs it gets you a lot of pussy!

I didn't mean to start anything but if u don't have proof that a 10 can hit harder then a 15then don't say anything and quit being ignorant because a 10 can't. The cone size on a 15 blows more air there fore creating more bass. So just because you have tens and can't aford the 15s don't get cocky. My two hcca 15.2 have enough power and room in a 8 cubic foot box in the trunk of my 2000 lincoln ls. I will send the links of the vids as soon as possible so you can compare your tens to my 15s. The fact is 10s are sound quality subs and 15s are aimed more twords the spl type. So no quit being ignorant.

Your system cost more than your car.... You must feel proud.

I don't need to compare anything. I have a very basic system with a single sub if I wanted to break windows I would have done so.

I can afford 15's or 18's that's not the issue guy.

Didn't read the whole thread and I'm not much of an audio guy, but I just never understood the point of getting 15''+ subs. I would rather build something that is balanced and sounds great to something that blows my ear drums out and I can only hear bass, you can't even enjoy the song like that, well I can't, but to each his own.

if u don't have proof that a 10 can hit harder then a 15then don't say anything and quit being ignorant because a 10 can't.The cone size on a 15 blows more air there fore creating more bass. So just because you have tens and can't aford the 15s don't get cocky. My two hcca 15.2 have enough power and room in a 8 cubic foot box in the trunk of my 2000 lincoln ls. I will send the links of the vids as soon as possible so you can compare your tens to my 15s. The fact is 10s are sound quality subs and 15s are aimed more twords the spl type. So no quit being ignorant.

you do know that the cone area is only part of the equation right?

excursion is just as important as the surface area of the cone, and this is how a 10" can be louder than a 15".

by your logic, 15" subs would not be the best for SPL, 18"s would be much better, but then 18"s would suck compared to a 34" sub
Largest Sub --- 34-INCH in Honda Z600 --- HUGE - YouTube

So just because you have tens and can't aford the 15s don't get cocky...So no quit being ignorant...Yea but when you open that tiny ass trunk and see those big ass subs it gets you a lot of pussy!
as far as ignorance goes, please dont act like you the worlds biggest baller because you "could afford" 15" subs, that kinda makes the rest of us rocking 15"s look like a bunch of tools.
the last time i checked, buying a house that will actually be worth something in 10 years get you much more ass than a 15" sub! its kinda a mood killer when you tell the slut your taking home that she need to be quiet so that she doesn't wake up you paren...errr wait, i meant roommates!

also that kind of ass that you can get from a subwoofer, can also be got from a five dollar bill, its called a whore, have you seen what you can get in exchange for a line of blow?

Its ok he's hot :q:q:q:q with 15's.

He has the best system ever.

Didn't read the whole thread and I'm not much of an audio guy, but I just never understood the point of getting 15''+ subs. I would rather build something that is balanced and sounds great to something that blows my ear drums out and I can only hear bass, you can't even enjoy the song like that, well I can't, but to each his own.

Well, I have a single 15" sub setup and have placed in sound quality competitions. Most people who go with 15s, usually put them in ported boxes and thus producing a lot of bass. My setup is in a sealed box designed for my sub. It has all the necessary bracing inside the box so that I dont blow the box apart like in years past. I have a remote gain for my amp therefore I have control over my bass output. My one speaker setup sounds louder than most two 10s or 12s setup and I still have enough trunk space for a set of golf clubs. All you have to do is setup the system properly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back