The new Subwoofers

Travis2000LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
SO, My Subs and Box finally came in yesterday. Installed them in less than 30 Mins :p

They sound nice and clean I like em :) pretty happy with the buy.

Tell me what ya think?

2 Hifonics Hfi12D4

Legacy LA870 1600 Watt 4 Channel Amp

Right now have them bridged at 4 Ohms.

NEXT IS A NEW HEADUNIT! Stock is so trash... :,(

0722011502.jpg

0722011701.jpg

That's a nice setup you got there. What hu u looking into?

I just hope everything lasts more than 6 months.

Legacy is horrible for amps as well as boss is garbage for headunits. Hifonics subs are decent low end subs but you could have gotten a better setup maybe for the same money.

More like clean it up a lot. No wonder it only took a few minutes. It will sound a lot louder with an aftermarket headunit.

All it is is sound wire. And yes i know. I will get a new one soon enough. Money is a issue lol

eBay, eBay, eBay.

I got a
-Power Acoustik 4000w mono amp new = $184
and a
-Orion H2 12.2 dented cone = $120
I've got a 1 ohm setup. Now my system hits HARD! And I don't get that funky trunk rattle.

I just hope everything lasts more than 6 months.

Legacy is horrible for amps as well as boss is garbage for headunits. Hifonics subs are decent low end subs but you could have gotten a better setup maybe for the same money.

x2, I have to agree. Could have done a little research and walked away happier.

I didn't even want to agree, because this same guy was negative about my setup even though he doesn't even know anything about my gear, but in this case I do know about yours. As long as it does what you want great, but just don't figure you are getting advertised rated power. If this stuff were in a beater I'd say ya, who cares, but in an LS there's no excuse. Well.... it is an LS, so I guess... nah j/k.

CLEAN UP YOUR INSTALL AND TAKE NEW PICZ! :rolleyes:

My setup

Precision power pc 1800, 1600 watts at 1 ohm

2 brand new Rockford fosgate p3s 600 watts rms

Kenwood bt848u

Total cost: 650

Do some smart shopping!

Precision power pc 1800, 1600 watts at 1 ohm

You're tempting fate running it at 1 ohm, as the manufacturer highly recommends against it. I am actually surprised it hasn't smoked on you already.

Before you say I don't know what I am talking about, I have the same amp, 1 year older, the gray muffler instead of the chrome muffler. Mine is actually the original 1400 which became the 1800.

I have been running that series (gray/chrome) PPI amps for over 20 years. It was the last series produced before DEI purchased them and took them overseas.

You're tempting fate running it at 1 ohm, as the manufacturer highly recommends against it. I am actually surprised it hasn't smoked on you already.

Before you say I don't know what I am talking about, I have the same amp, 1 year older, the gray muffler instead of the chrome muffler. Mine is actually the original 1400 which became the 1800.

I have been running that series (gray/chrome) PPI amps for over 20 years. It was the last series produced before DEI purchased them and took them overseas.

+1 Sounds like this guy knows his stuff lol

im putting two orion hcca 15.2 subs in my 2000 lincoln ls. the whole trunk is gonna be a box lol

x2, I have to agree. Could have done a little research and walked away happier.

I didn't even want to agree, because this same guy was negative about my setup even though he doesn't even know anything about my gear, but in this case I do know about yours. As long as it does what you want great, but just don't figure you are getting advertised rated power. If this stuff were in a beater I'd say ya, who cares, but in an LS there's no excuse. Well.... it is an LS, so I guess... nah j/k.

CLEAN UP YOUR INSTALL AND TAKE NEW PICZ! :rolleyes:

This guy was making fun of your setup? It's kinda hard to get worse equipment then he all ready has..

Anyways , for god sakes please don't buy a boss h/u...Get a decent used deck and down the road get a decent mono amp to replace the legacy. Then you should be sitting a little prettier.

im putting two orion hcca 15.2 subs in my 2000 lincoln ls. the whole trunk is gonna be a box lol

Yeah, cause you won't have room for anything else. That's too much for me. With my single 12 H2 I could very easly make my ears ring. And it sounds clean.

But 15's? Why? Make sure you locktite... EVERYTHING!

But 15's? Why? Make sure you locktite... EVERYTHING!

15's are unnecessary in the ls.

You can get a set of 12's or even 10's that hit harder than most 15's if you know where to look. Usually people who run those very large subs do it in an sub where theres plenty of space.

The bigger the sub...the more box it needs to sound right. Two 15's wont have the right amount of space in the trunk. A smaller sub may even sound better and hit harder.

Bigger is not better.....more watts is better.

Id rather have a single 10" with 2000rms versus a 15" with 1000rms.

15's are unnecessary in the ls.

You can get a set of 12's or even 10's that hit harder than most 15's if you know where to look. Usually people who run those very large subs do it in an sub where theres plenty of space.

The bigger the sub...the more box it needs to sound right. Two 15's wont have the right amount of space in the trunk. A smaller sub may even sound better and hit harder.

Bigger is not better.....more watts is better.

Id rather have a single 10" with 2000rms versus a 15" with 1000rms.

I would have to disagree with your whole statement. I use to have two 15's in my trunk and held the state record @ 149.2 legal dbs from the dash. No ported stuff, all sealed. Now I sold that setup and just have one 15, but it is louder than most two 12's(sealed of course) i've heard. I like 15's in sealed boxes because they can hit every note that a 12 or 10 can't hit(although 12's register a lot across the board). The two 15's did eat up all the trunk, but my new single sub setup leaves room for a set of golf clubs in the trunk.

I would have to disagree with your whole statement. I use to have two 15's in my trunk and held the state record @ 149.2 legal dbs from the dash. No ported stuff, all sealed. Now I sold that setup and just have one 15, but it is louder than most two 12's(sealed of course) i've heard. I like 15's in sealed boxes because they can hit every note that a 12 or 10 can't hit(although 12's register a lot across the board). The two 15's did eat up all the trunk, but my new single sub setup leaves room for a set of golf clubs in the trunk.

You can hit higher than 149 with two 10's or 12's...its all about having the right setup.

I know its all personal preference but i like having a trunk still.

You can hit higher than 149 with two 10's or 12's...its all about having the right setup.

I know its all personal preference but i like having a trunk still.

I want to see someone hit harder than 149 dbs LEGAL from the dash in a daily driven LS with two 10's or 12's. If you can it won't be much higher and I never said that my setup was the best so it could have been louder. My setup now has prolly as much trunk space as yours so I don't see a problem there.

15s are overkill sometimes I think my 12s are too. I'm thinking about taking it down to one 12 and get a better box.

I want to see someone hit harder than 149 dbs LEGAL from the dash in a daily driven LS with two 10's or 12's. If you can it won't be much higher and I never said that my setup was the best so it could have been louder. My setup now has prolly as much trunk space as yours so I don't see a problem there.

If my car was paid off i would try to do it with two 10's like the aq hdc's ran off an AQ3500D im sure i would get up there.

15s are overkill sometimes I think my 12s are too. I'm thinking about taking it down to one 12 and get a better box.

Dont get me wrong i love bass but i like single sub setups for the space. Now if it was a second vehicle and i didnt need the trunk space then id go crazy with ho alternator, multiple batteries 4 15's and dual amps with a huge port.

That is why you have a setup like mine. One nice 15" sub in a sealed box off a 1200w class D amp with a remote gain knob by the driver's seat. I leave the gain all the way down most of the time and turn it up to whomp.

Members online

Back