The mystery beep caught on video

Maybe the E is for error on the runnning the engine to max redline.

Never saw the E, but our '03 LS8 seems to do this over hard edged bumps occasionally. No issues other than the sound. I wonder if it's a bad connection somewhere?

Had and 02, and just picked up an 06. Couple days ago at about 70 down the highway I heard the quick little beep, and my message center had a message for a fraction of a nano-second. Then it disappeared, I couldn't catch it. Yesterday sitting in park it did the same thing. I guess this is a very common thing? Car runs great 50000 miles.
Any indication of something wrong?
Glad to hear I am not alone!!

Had and 02, and just picked up an 06. Couple days ago at about 70 down the highway I heard the quick little beep, and my message center had a message for a fraction of a nano-second. Then it disappeared, I couldn't catch it. Yesterday sitting in park it did the same thing. I guess this is a very common thing? Car runs great 50000 miles.
Any indication of something wrong?
Glad to hear I am not alone!!

This is well documented. It is a momentary communications failure between the pcm and the transmission computer. It is nothing and a "cure" has never been found.

This is well documented. It is a momentary communications failure between the pcm and the transmission computer. It is nothing and a "cure" has never been found.

Not always. Mystery beeps have several possible sources. They do store a code that the factory scan tool can retrieve (if done soon enough after the event.)
I have seen mystery beeps caused by momentary comms failure to the REM, and by momentary steering angle sensor failure. I'm sure there are others too. Almost any minor electrical glitch could show up as a mystery beep.

I view them as a software bug. The software should either completely ignore events that correct themselves in less than a second, or it should keep the message up on the screen long enough to read it.

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that "E" indicator stands for "ENGAUGE WARP DRIVE" haha just kiddin

Members online

No members online now.
Back