The missing Dodge recall post

codewize

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
There was a post regarding the dodge recall that must have gotten lost.

The issue was premature failure of upper ball joints on Durango and Dakota pickups.

I don't know what years are involved but I do know that the problem is wide spread enoughh that, on the news, they claimed that a recall or a class action law suite would put Diamler Chrysler out of business.

There have been several severe crashes so far, a few being high speed end over end.

I heard this involves like 600,000 Durango/Dakota models from 2000 to 2003,(which includes my 2001 Dakota Sport). I'm just waiting for the letter myself. The way the media portrays it a recall is eminent. I'll let y'all know what's up as soon as I can find out.

Randeaux said:
I heard this involves like 600,000 Durango/Dakota models from 2000 to 2003,(which includes my 2001 Dakota Sport). I'm just waiting for the letter myself. The way the media portrays it a recall is eminent. I'll let y'all know what's up as soon as I can find out.

Well in the mean time don't do any flips!

Chrysler said friday, they would abide by the governments order and notify owners this comming week.
One word of caution, it would be wise of you(if you have one of these vehicles) to "mark" The ball joints so that you can identify them once removed.
When picking up your vehicle, ask to see the old ball joints they removed.
The dealers replacing these defective parts are going to be paid for the work by chrysler.
Jusrt because they are receiving money does not mean they did the work.
The reason I say this is because my R/T was in a couple of months ago for a recall on the windshield wiper motor.
They were suppossed to replace it.
They kept the truck all day and called me when it was finished.
I didn't ask to see the old wiper motor but, I did put an identifing mark on the old one before dropping it off to have it replaced.
When I checked the wiper motor, the same one that was in the truck originally was still there.
They didn't do one dammed thing, only collected money from chrysler for the repair.
I threatened to turn the dealer in and they explained that there must have been a "mix up", and that they mistook my vehicle for one that they had replaced the defective wiper motor on.
Tell the dealer doing the work, before they even start, you have marked the ball joints and will be inspecting them when you pick the truck up.

Bob Hubbard said:
Chrysler said friday, they would abide by the governments order and notify owners this comming week.
One word of caution, it would be wise of you(if you have one of these vehicles) to "mark" The ball joints so that you can identify them once removed.
When picking up your vehicle, ask to see the old ball joints they removed.
The dealers replacing these defective parts are going to be paid for the work by chrysler.
Jusrt because they are receiving money does not mean they did the work.
The reason I say this is because my R/T was in a couple of months ago for a recall on the windshield wiper motor.
They were suppossed to replace it.
They kept the truck all day and called me when it was finished.
I didn't ask to see the old wiper motor but, I did put an identifing mark on the old one before dropping it off to have it replaced.
When I checked the wiper motor, the same one that was in the truck originally was still there.
They didn't do one dammed thing, only collected money from chrysler for the repair.
I threatened to turn the dealer in and they explained that there must have been a "mix up", and that they mistook my vehicle for one that they had replaced the defective wiper motor on.
Tell the dealer doing the work, before they even start, you have marked the ball joints and will be inspecting them when you pick the truck up.

Good looking out Bob, I did the same thing when a Lumina I had years ago was recalled . (Actually, I'm glad you reminded me! :) ) Thanx!

Members online

Back