The LS Vs. Acura RSX(Sport, non-S)

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So after taking it easy for quite awhile I gave in today and ran the LS. I was coming down a road(of course) and the was going to get into the turning lane to make a left and this punk in a white RSX Sport flys out from a restruant in front of me so as I made the turn I got immediately over into the right lane and just shot on by. The kid tried to stop me by getting on it but to no avail.

So I knew if we caught a light he would want to go, I mean gosh, he is driving an RSX and they are tight :q:q:q:q right? . Anyway he stayed behind for about a mile before a light ahead went yellow and he than almost kills or causes a big accident atleast by cutting off a minivan to get beside me.

So when he rolls up I look over and yell "dude, you are one freakin stupid bastard. Do you not realize there are other people on the road besides your punk ass?

He got really pissed and tried to come up w/ some type of comeback but ended up just looking even dumber. He than revs and says "its go time boy, you ready." If I was not sitting down in a car I would have fell to the floor laughing to death but I said "oh oh yes big gangsta, I'm ready."

So I take a look at the surroundings making sure its good to go once the light goes green and it was so I put up my windows and turned off the T/C and raised the RPM's alittle as our light got ready to go green.

Light goes green and I am off no problem smiling at the sound of the intake and engine singing in my ears. I look over and the RSX is at my front fender and the car shifts to 2nd, I hit the shifter over to d4 and he caught up alittle bit(not a bad driver) but as soon as I got to 30 or so I just started to pull until I shut it down at a speed that may of been abit much but the road was clear and I was making sure the kid got the idea.

At a light down the road he pulled into a gas station. I got thinking "hey he was low on gas and I have a full tank and not to mention much more weight and I still toasted him" so I pulled in after making a right and ask if he was indeed almost on empty and he said yup and I than asked if he was really trying and he said F()()k yea.

I than told him the reason I acted like a dick was because of the way he almost caused a pile up and he was like "yea, I guess that was dumb." I told him to have a nice day and left.

Beamer said:
So after taking it easy for quite awhile I gave in today and ran the LS. I was coming down a road(of course) and the was going to get into the turning lane to make a left and this punk in a white RSX Sport flys out from a restruant in front of me so as I made the turn I got immediately over into the right lane and just shot on by. The kid tried to stop me by getting on it but to no avail.

So I knew if we caught a light he would want to go, I mean gosh, he is driving an RSX and they are tight :q:q:q:q right? . Anyway he stayed behind for about a mile before a light ahead went yellow and he than almost kills or causes a big accident atleast by cutting off a minivan to get beside me.

So when he rolls up I look over and yell "dude, you are one freakin stupid bastard. Do you not realize there are other people on the road besides your punk ass?

He got really pissed and tried to come up w/ some type of comeback but ended up just looking even dumber. He than revs and says "its go time boy, you ready." If I was not sitting down in a car I would have fell to the floor laughing to death but I said "oh oh yes big gangsta, I'm ready."

So I take a look at the surroundings making sure its good to go once the light goes green and it was so I put up my windows and turned off the T/C and raised the RPM's alittle as our light got ready to go green.

Light goes green and I am off no problem smiling at the sound of the intake and engine singing in my ears. I look over and the RSX is at my front fender and the car shifts to 2nd, I hit the shifter over to d4 and he caught up alittle bit(not a bad driver) but as soon as I got to 30 or so I just started to pull until I shut it down at a speed that may of been abit much but the road was clear and I was making sure the kid got the idea.

At a light down the road he pulled into a gas station. I got thinking "hey he was low on gas and I have a full tank and not to mention much more weight and I still toasted him" so I pulled in after making a right and ask if he was indeed almost on empty and he said yup and I than asked if he was really trying and he said F()()k yea.

I than told him the reason I acted like a dick was because of the way he almost caused a pile up and he was like "yea, I guess that was dumb." I told him to have a nice day and left.

Classic geek thinking hes fast when hes really not... nice run...

i say u were an :q:q:q:q:q:q:q, no need to talk :q:q:q:q to the guy, next time tell him nicely and mayeb the ricer will actualy listen and not act retarded again..

What happens when you line up to the type S...the one that is meant for toasting V8s. Then what? lol. I've done it...not pretty...good kill though...

Why asking about the S? Its not like I do not know its pretty fast and well more than likely win that is a simple question, I never said I would beat an S so why bring it up? I know pretty much all the specs on alot of cars so its not like I would pick a fight w/ something that would crush me unless its a "just for kicks" race.

As for being the a-hole, well reason for me being that way was what he did to the people in the right lane and the people behind them and the people behind them. If you would of seen what ALMOST happened I am sure if you could say something to the person aswell. I was not even going race him after seeing that until he came back w/ one of the dumbest comments I have heard.

And I was really nice to him when I went back and asked him the questions and wanted to explain why I yelled at him. Of course you probably figured that out seeing as how I obviciously did not say word for word what was said to save time.

Side note though, I really like the RSX. Was close to getting one before the LS, really wish I did too.

I raced one once...and we were dead even. I must have raced one of the first ones. Im not sure if there were any differences in the new one or old one.

The new ones are suppose to be quicker. I did race an '03 S in my '03 Cavalier couple and lost only by a car length, I believe he either was a bad shifter or my Ecotec was one of the "freaks."

I love the look of the new ones though.

Beamer said:
The new ones are suppose to be quicker. I did race an '03 S in my '03 Cavalier couple and lost only by a car length, I believe he either was a bad shifter or my Ecotec was one of the "freaks."

I love the look of the new ones though.
Speaking of cavis, one of my friends has one and he thought it was like the :q:q:q:q, and was talking about how big and bad his 2.2 was and junk, and how bad it could smoke my stinkin lincoln. You could only imagine what happened that night. I'll just say, I didn't go home cryin :D :D

Depends on what 2.2 it is, if its pre-Eco(before '02) that yea, those are weak. I had one in my '97 and it was bad, well being auto is another reason for its slowness. The 2.2 Eco in my '03 I would say was just a quick as an 1st gen ls v8 in stock form. The 2.2 eco can do low 15's and even get into the 14's stock, the low and high 14 ecos are called the "freaks." But most do not do better than mid-15's. But given the right situation I can see one taking down an LS but chances are slim:).

Another thing is the Eco has a good aftermarket, if I had kept mine I would be running w/ boost by now like I was planning until I decided to trade. The potential for that engine is huge.

Members online

No members online now.
Back