the LS I would have built . . .

MKVIIRIP

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
okay, so I was sitting down tonight with my friend, and I started talking about the Ford FPV Boss 290 Falcon that they only released in Austrailia. then I got this crazy idea (ya'll probably think i am on crack, but nope, just beer) to take this wrecked 2001 Lincoln LS and this engine out of an 03 Lightning and well, put the two together, of course with a 6 speed manual...with a bit of work, time and fabrication, i see it happening. and then if that goes well...maybe one of the AWD setups off the zephyr?

any ideas here?

I will take any input I can get
- Monetary
- Intellectual
- Time donations
- Parts

thanks,
-SteveOnstar

The Lightning motor will stick about a foot outta the hood. The Zephyr AWD will likely explode with that kind of power.

2 problems right of the bat.

monetarily speaking, itd probably be cheaper to buy the lightning, and the zephyr.

Or do the Jag S type R stuff.......400 horse and 408 lb ft or torque......with the ZF 6 speed, and that's stock.......

I know, I know, it would be cost preventive. But way stranger things have happened, trust me.

instead of the 5.4 from a lightning, you'd have better luck fitting a 4.6 from a cobra, really, the best bet for a larger displacement V8 would be a 2V SOHC 4.6, i.e. Mustang GT 99-04. Couple that with a tremec t-56 and a saleen series II supercharger, whoowhey, that'd be a car. Of course, with doing that you'd lose the functionality of most, if not all, of the luxuries of the LS.

OR just buy a Ford GT, Stroke the 5.4 to 6.0, install custom cams and a kenne bell 2.8L blower; 1100-1200HP with ease in a car that is pretty much track ready right from the factory

But then again... they were talking about an LS, not a GT or S2000

I was just showing what some freaks are doing in Florida(the 2jz has put out more than 1200hp on numerous occasions). The s2000 is a RWD based 1500lb? car, they are throwing silvia rear ends in those + 1000+ hp = FAST and for pretty cheap.

Yeah that 2JZ motor is a monster. Toyota knew what they were doing when they built that motor.

I know this post is old but thought I would drop a message on this. A LS has been build somewhat like this but will never see the light of day. It was built by a company that does performance peices for Ford. The car had a 2003 cobra power plant with trans installed along with 14'' brembo brake bit a sweet irs system and a bunch of other little goodies. But like I said this car will never see the light of day and Im unsure even if it still is around. To bad would have been a crazy thing to see running around.

Members online

No members online now.
Back