The Little Things

my1stmarkVII

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got a few minor problems with my Mark VII 1.The passenger window will go down but not up? The motor runs but won't push the window up. Is there a gear assembly inside the door panel? Are the parts available?
2. Brights don't work? When I hold back on the lever they stay on but as soon as I let go they go off. :slam

cae2.jpg

Not sure if this applies to the Mark VII but on the Town Car you have to Push to keep the brights on. Pulling is just used to flash them.

my1stmarkVII said:
I've got a few minor problems with my Mark VII 1.The passenger window will go down but not up? The motor runs but won't push the window up. Is there a gear assembly inside the door panel? Are the parts available?
Yes, and yes.
Have you searched the web yet for LINCOLN MARK VII WINDOW REPAIR ?

my1stmarkVII said:
2. Brights don't work? When I hold back on the lever they stay on but as soon as I let go they go off. :slam
1984-1989, adjust your second light wheel up.
1990-1992, push the stalk forward.

when the window is trying to go up - does it just struggle real slow
and stop or can you hear the motor running with a kind of thunking sound without the window moving -- motor dragging is water intrusion / rust and bad brush contact with the armature = replace motor $75 Advance / Autozone -- thunking sound = drive coupling has shattered the nylon drive bushings -- HELP product line available at most parts houses sells a drive repair kit with the gears and coupling for $15 -- or go to the hardware store and get some bushings to replace the nylons with $5
If you have not pulled one of these motors before let us know -- and we will
get you educated --

Members online

Back