The importance of 5 star crash rating...

Wow that's scary. I'm glad you shared this with us, safety was never really something I thought about when buying a car. I hope the best for your mom, glad she made it out.

Glad to know she's ok and hope for speedy recovery, I for sure did not know about the LS 5 star crash rating but glad i have an LS for sure.

Wow. Glad to hear she's doing okay. Prayers sent, bro.

Man! I just got emotional hearing about your mom's injuries. Nobody wants to see mom hurt in any way. Very happy to know she made it out. I do pray and I absolutely will include her in my prayers.

So, Ive been hanging around this forum for a while now, as I was in perspective LS ownership limbo, so to speak. Now that I finally have my 04 LS6, I find it only fitting that my first post to this forum as a member is to wish the speedy recovery to your mother! Its not everyday that you come across a forum that has such a strong sense of community like this does. I'm honored to be a part of this community.

Best Wishes!

That's the craziest thing I've ever seen. I can't even imagine going through something like that... My prayers go out to your mother and that she recovers well.

Sorry to hear but glad your mom is ok. That is a lot of broken parts, when you said she was ok, I didn't expect a list that long of broken parts.

That is some crazy damage, half the car is just gone!

So, Ive been hanging around this forum for a while now, as I was in perspective LS ownership limbo, so to speak. Now that I finally have my 04 LS6, I find it only fitting that my first post to this forum as a member is to wish the speedy recovery to your mother! Its not everyday that you come across a forum that has such a strong sense of community like this does. I'm honored to be a part of this community.

Best Wishes!

As good of a first post as any I'd say. Welcome to LVC. From the short time I've been a member here this has really been an exceptional community.

I'm sure the well-wishing is much appreciated.

Glad she will be okay, my thoughts go out to her.

An FYI that many people don't know. The star ratings are based on car classes. Meaning a Smart car is rated against other cars in its clas like big wheels and chopping carts. And the LS was rted against other similarly sized cars. Meaning a star rating is only comparable to other similarly sized cars. While cars continually get safer the ratings can be misleading.

Wow....hope you Mom has a speedy and full recovery.
Some bones she broke don't heal up too quick at 50.
She got busted up pretty good.

After seeing those Pics I am glad my Mom in her 70s drives a 2010 Toyota corolla.

Thanks everyone... Yep, a long road to recovery. Still in a ton of pain. But we just got out of icu and both surgeries so far went well.

And welcome Pan... Thanks for posting. Yep, this place, these guys are amazing. Sitting here reading these is awesome. Fills your heart up ya know..

All the best...

Thanks everyone... Yep, a long road to recovery. Still in a ton of pain. But we just got out of icu and both surgeries so far went well.

And welcome Pan... Thanks for posting. Yep, this place, these guys are amazing. Sitting here reading these is awesome. Fills your heart up ya know..

Hey G - prayers already sent for your Mom. I do pray and I wish you both the best. My Mom passed in '94 and I miss her all the time. Your Mother is lucky in many ways to have survived although I'm sure with all the pain and rehab she is facing, she probably doesn't feel real lucky.

I will say years ago when I lurked here I thought this place was a bit quirky, but I've learned a lot and I've come to respect and appreciate this group. Thanks for posting this.
Paul

My prayers go out to you and your family G-Rell.

Keep your head up. The recovery will take some time and won't be easy. Stay positive. My sister just went through a similar scenario almost 6 months ago in an accident so I know how you feel.

I know im late, but sorry to hear but thats way good news that your mother is ok. that looks like a nightmare of a scene...

Thanks Hite... Thank you everyone... They moved her out of ICU and into ortho/recovery... Im sure all of your wishes and prayers helped with that.... THANKS GUYS

Wish your mom the best! One ? was her car rated 5 star? I bought the LS for the wife from the 5 star rating.

Hope this finds your mother doing better. She does have a long recovery. I am adding her to daily prayers. Went thru 13 operations in 24 months from 08 -10 myself so can relate to long recovery. She will need alot of time to get up & around again. Let us know from time to time how she is doing.

Hey guys,

I meant to say something sooner, and a few had asked so i thought i'd update..

She was able to leave the hospital last week...Its been a long couple of weeks (months now i guess), but is doing well. They came and put stair lifts in her house so she could go home. they're doing in home rehab for now. Haven't started rehab on here leg yet, but they said she could maybe start bearing weight in a few weeks (she's been at 0% on it since the accident).

I wanted to thank you all again for everything you did, and all the prayers that went out. It played no small role in her survival and recovery.

THANK YOU.

For many people now a days, there mother is there soul. I'm glad to hear she's doing that well considering the pics.

Members online

Back