The high price of Illegal Immigration

ford nut

Local nut case
Reaction score
http://wcco.com/local/school.bus.crash.2.660427.html

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) ― A woman who authorities say is in the country illegally and using an alias was charged Friday with four counts of criminal vehicular homicide and two lesser charges in a school bus crash that killed four children.

Four kids dead on a school bus.
What makes this story even more tragic is This Illegal has been caught before.

http://wcco.com/local/van.driver.arrested.2.659771.html

It remained unclear whether Morales had a valid driver's license, and West declined to comment. She was convicted in 2006 of driving without a valid driver's license, according to court records.

She was caught paid a $180 fine and let go because of the laws in this state, it took days just to find out if she had a driver's license let alone find out if she was here as an Illegal.
Now that a Illegal has killed KIDS maybe this state will wake up and change.

THERE HERE AND DO WHAT EVER THEY PLEASE.:mad:
What does this Illegal have to say ?

She stated that she stopped for the stop sign and that when she took off, the bus hit her," according to a statement of probable cause.

She t boned a school bus and you know the story it's not her fault.

Yeah, there isn't a single American citizen driving without a license or causing accidents which kill people. Damn beaners. If only we deported them all, our roads would be accident-free. :rolleyes: /sarcasm

My point is, that while this incident is indeed tragic, there are far better arguments against illegal immigration. Loss of jobs, a strain on our education and health care systems, etc. These types of stories are great for evoking emotional knee-jerk responses, but as an objective argument against illegals, it's weak.

If you really want to talk about high prices, see what happens if we did deport them all. Americans expect cheap food and cheap labor, but don't have a clue (or want to know) how much of our current way of life is dependent on that cheap immigrant labor. As I've often said, it's not that illegals do the work that Americans don't want to do, it that illegals do the work that Americans don't want to PAY FOR. Huge difference.

Our politicians understand that, but they're afraid to say so publicly, especially Republicans. Big business calls the shots in Washington, we all know that, and anyone who thinks otherwise is naive. Why else would so many on both sides of the aisle support "amnesty"?

I'm not defending illegal immigration one iota. But I am a realist. By all means, round them all up, drop them off in southern Mexico and build a hundred foot wall on the border. Then say goodbye to your way of life as prices for oranges and hotel rooms skyrocket to the point of unaffordability. Fine by me.

Well put Tommy.
Unfortunately, the immigration problem is tied to the global economy, not just here in the United States.
Speaking for this country alone, there is a way to not only put a STOP to illegal immigration, but to put us back on an even playing field as far as our economy goes.
I don't think this will ever happen, but it would certainly be a solid way of going back to what we once had.
By the way, these are DRASTIC STEPS, but drastic times call for drastic measures.
Some of these points I have made in other threads dealing with illegal immigration, with the same response, "it will never happen".
First step is to Nationalize this country.
What that means is to go back to when we were an America for America.
No global economy to drive us to the poor house.
Everything in the country is produced in the country, for the country.
No imports at all, no outsourcing of labor to countries like India
Wages and prices drop back to what they were in the early sixties, with no exceptions.
No high cost fuel imported from the middle east or, latin america.
Use what we have in our own country.
As for illegal immigration (which by the way is far more prevelant on our southern border than northern) a very simple solution.
For every quarter mile, for the entire legnth of the southern border, large billboards need to be erected, facing the mexico side, stating in big red letters, in spanish, "IF YOU ENTER THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT PROPER DOCUMENTATION, YOU WILL BE SHOT ON THE SPOT, AND GO HOME IN A BODY BAG...NO EXCEPTIONS."
Naturally this would be backed up by a large national guard presence.
Shoot enough of these lowlifes, and the rest would get the message.
Just like cocroaches, kill enough of them, and the rest get the message to stay away.
That would put an end to the illegal immigration problem, once and for all.
As for the nationalizing of the country, it is the surest way to make sure America is for Americans, and no one else.
We, and only we would be responsible for our needs, and the people to bring about those needs.
Could you imagine for just one tiny second, what it would be like to have no imported cars, imported, (tainted food), unregulated perscription medications comming in from china?
No more NewYork stock market contingent on a world economy?
This is but a small list of what things could be like if Americans would think about America for a change.
Sure it sounds like some sort of Shangrila, a place that could never be, but thankfully I am old enough to remember when things in this country were as I described here.
It was a great time to live in this country.
I am talking about the 50's and early 60's
Ithink then, all our oil came from our own land, and gas was a whopping 15cents a gallon.
Of cource, wages were very low, but so were goods and services.
Just a thought, and it would be nice.
Bob.

I'm not defending illegal immigration one iota. But I am a realist. By all means, round them all up, drop them off in southern Mexico and build a hundred foot wall on the border. Then say goodbye to your way of life as prices for oranges and hotel rooms skyrocket to the point of unaffordability. Fine by me.

I am also a realist and I know that will never happen.

I think more on simple terms...... how about if you are in this country illegally get caught something is done.:confused:
Not just a $180 dollar fine and set free.

In some cities in this state the police can't even ask them if they are in this county legally.

Maybe a knee jerk is what this state needs to change a few laws.

http://wcco.com/local/school.bus.crash.2.660427.html

Rep. Marty Seifert, R-Marshall, said he's gotten a "firestorm" of e-mail from people upset to hear the driver may be an illegal immigrant.

So its started maybe people will wake up :rolleyes:

The Gov. is in the know and has a plan.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty has asked lawmakers for tougher penalties on identity theft and a ban on ordinances in some cities that prevent police from asking people about their immigration status.

"I'll end up tying the floor up for hours myself if they refuse to bring some of these immigration proposals up," Seifert said. Democrats control the House.
Its a very high price to pay for a few laws to change.....If the dam Dems. go along. :rolleyes:

Members online

Back