The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition!

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
This is something I am helping organize, my friend that is working this will pipe up w/ more details....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition

Now we can’t just give out the detailed information about The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition, but here’s a sneak peak! Feel free to give us your feedback!!!!!

Objective: You and a co-driver will travel in your vehicle and find the objects listed below. The team that comes back with the most points…….. wins 1st prize! In case of tie breaker, one example would be: whichever team came back first would win 1st place. Another example would be that the out-of-state license plate that is found the farthest away from Hocking Hills, will win 1st place. Regardless of the place you finish in, everyone wins a prize!

When: Saturday July 28th 2012.

Time: TBA

Cut off time: One hour from posted start time. Anyone showing up after the cut off time will be disqualified.

Perimeters: Will be around the immediate camping area; no further than 4 miles away.

Items needed: You will need a digital camera or cell phone with a camera in order to participate. Pens and paper will be provided for you.

Requirements: Road safety is paramount when participating in The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition. We require you taking a co-driver or friend with you to help spot clues so you can keep your attention on the traffic and pedestrians without being distracted. If there are any reports of dangerous driving, you will be disqualified. Everyone is responsible for following the law of the land.
You may have more than 2 total people in your car during the competition.

We will draw names out of a hat at random to see the order in which you will go out for your The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition! As you get ready to start, we will hand you the list at that time. From there………. you are on your own! Have fun!

Here are some examples of what you could find on your list:

Picture required:
Picture of 35mph speed limit sign. 1pt
Picture of stranger wearing a Ford shirt. 5pts

No picture required:
Head south from McDonalds, go 1/4 mile……..what is on your right? 2pts
How late is AutoZone open on Saturday night? 1pt

Quiz Questions:
1. What did Wayne drive in "Wayne's World"?
a) Ford Pinto
b) AMC Pacer
c) AMC Gremlin
d) Chevy Nova
2. How many meals a year does the typical person eat in a car?
a) 10
b) 20
c) 33
d) 50

Prizes: Winners will be awarded the prizes once everyone makes it back to the meeting place and scores are tallied. The official winners will be determined by the Vice President and Co-Vice President. The winners will be able to choose which ever prize that they want from what is being offered. Only 2 prizes per team to the driver and co-driver.

Pre-Registration: I would like to get a sign up started showing the groups wanting to participate in The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition. Please come up with an appropriate Team name. If you are willing to be the driver, please list the Color / Make / Model of your vehicle that you will be driving and list a co-driver if you already have one. If you are unsure or need one, that’s ok too. For those who know they will not be driving, but want to be a co-driver, please let us know so we can pair up teams accordingly.

Confirmation of registration must be completed within 1 hour of the start of The HH2K12 Cannon Ball Run Competition on July 28th 2012. Please see Chas Spires – Vice President of Ohio Probes or Sarah Spires – Co-Vice President of Ohio Probes.

Hey guys. I know I am not very active on this board. I wanted to post a feeler thread about possibly having a meet at the Hocking Hills State Park in Logan, Ohio on the last full weekend of July. I am VP of Ohio Probes and we have been hosting this meet for the last 12 years. This has been a very fun meet too however, in the past couple of years the numbers have been dwindling. It kinda makes sense to me since most of the members and attendees we college folk and most people don't say when I graduate I am gonna go buy a Probe. I am organizing this meet this year for at least one more weekend of debauchery! If I can get the head count back to its glory days, I will continue to host it. Thats where I need you guys! In the past this meet was for the most part exclusive to the Probe community. You can check out some of the old threads from the past Hocking Hills meets on Probetalk .com. I am experimenting with combining more of my passions. I am officially inviting the Lincoln community to our humble little meet, especially since I am completely infatuated with my birds and the MKVIII's have so much in common. We used to get guys coming from all over the place, such as the General Midwest, New England states, Canada, Florida, California, Hell one year we had a guy fly in from the Cayman Islands. This is usually camping meet. We reserve a campground with RV hookups, provisions for tents and a hotel within a mile of the camp. Most people show up on Friday and stay through Sunday, we always have some people show up on Saturday and leave the same day. Friday is usually a meet/greet day with campfires, ALCOHOL, laughter and what not. Saturday we usually get up and wash the cars, head to the park lodge and have a little non official car show. After the show we have a cruise along the completely awsome Rt. 664. After the cruise we usually head out to one of the main attractions of the park, Old Man's Cave (pretty cool too). I like it when we go take a walk through the trails. They have one spot that is awsome for group photos too. After the trails everyone is free to do as they please. Later that day we have a small awards ceremony for the show back at the camp. After the awards we light up the campground nightlife again. Sunday is when most people pack up and say their goodbyes and head home.

I really wanna keep this meet alive. I am having this posted on the SuperCoupe forums, as well as the Stangbangerz boards and Probetalk and obviously here.

Let me know what you guys think. It is a fun time and you get a chance to meet some great people (ME) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated Cannonball info:

This has been moved to 101 Walter Road - Felicity, Ohio-45120 and it's this weekend! Many are arriving Friday July 27th and the rest on Saturday July 28th

The Southern Ohio Cannonball Run Competition - 2012

Objective: You and a co-driver will travel in your vehicle and find the objects listed below. The team that comes back with the most points…….. wins 1st prize! In case of tie breaker, whichever team came back first would win 1st place. Regardless of the place you finish in, everyone wins a prize!

When: Saturday July 28th 2012.

Time: Following the car show and cruise that starts at 1:00pm

Perimeters: Will be around the immediate camping area; no further than 5 miles away.

Items needed: You will need a digital camera or cell phone with a camera in order to participate. Pens and paper will be provided for you.

Requirements: Road safety is paramount when participating in The Southern Ohio Cannonball Run Competition. We require you taking a co-driver or friend with you to help spot clues so you can keep your attention on the traffic and pedestrians without being distracted. If there are any reports of dangerous driving, you will be disqualified. Everyone is responsible for following the law of the land.
You may have more than 2 total people in your car during the competition.

We will draw names out of a hat at random to see the order in which you will go out for your The Southern Ohio Cannonball Run Competition! As you get ready to start, we will hand you the list at that time. From there………. you are on your own! Have fun! If you get lost or need assistance, call Chas Spires – Vice President of Ohio Probes @ 513-673-1224.

Prizes: Winners will be awarded the prizes once everyone makes it back to the meeting place and scores are tallied. The official winners will be determined by the Vice President and Co-Vice President. The winners will be able to choose which ever prize that they want from what is being offered. Only 2 prizes per team to the driver and co-driver.

Pre-Registration: I would like to get a sign up started Friday evening showing the groups wanting to participate in The Southern Ohio Cannonball Run Competition. For the signup sheet, please see the Vice President and Co-Vice President. If you would like, please come up with an appropriate Team name. If you are willing to be the driver, please list the driver / team name / model of your vehicle that you will be driving and list a co-driver if you will be having one. If you are unsure or need one, that’s ok too. For those who know they will not be driving, but want to be a co-driver, please let us know so we can pair up teams accordingly.

Confirmation of registration must be completed within 1 hour of the start of The Southern Ohio Cannonball Run Competition on July 28th 2012. Please see Chas Spires – Vice President of Ohio Probes or Sarah Spires – Co-Vice President of Ohio Probes.

Call 513-673-1224 for any questions or concerns.

Members online

Back