The Grave Yard

Renzo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I have visited three wrecking yards in Ontario so far and I've got about ten more that I'll be going to over the next month including some in Michigan. So far I have picked up one trany, two engine covers, one wheel, a number of interior seat rail covers that are like finding gold when they match your interior colors and an extra set of front and rear lenses. Ifigured that I might as well stock up on some of those little things that break and tend to be next to impossible to find. It's no secrete that as the years go by parts for these cars are going to get harder and harder to locate especially 1st gen. I figured while I'm at it I might as well post some pics of the ladies that time has run out for. I know its kind of cruel but hey what the heck it will make you appreciate more what you have in some way no?

10.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

What yards have you hit so far in ontario and where? I'm gonna be getting some parts I think replaced. Any of them v6's with 5speed? I might try to get a trans and get it rebuilt for mine. Also a driver heated seat that works. And clean front lenses.

Good idea on stocking up!!

Quite awhile ago, here is one I got some parts off of surprisingly. :(

ls.jpg

Ouch....thats the first time i see one with the sunroof caved in.

my brothers work has 2 completely burned from the inside out.
makes me a little nervous, ill upload pics next time, there is literally NOTHING left. :(

What yards have you hit so far in ontario and where? I'm gonna be getting some parts I think replaced. Any of them v6's with 5speed? I might try to get a trans and get it rebuilt for mine. Also a driver heated seat that works. And clean front lenses.

I've hit Coreys in London, Queens in Toronto, Woodstock Auto, HWY 6 auto Recycling, Cooksville in Misssisauga, Carcone. I picked up a five speed at Coreys if I decide to part with it I'll let you know

my brothers work has 2 completely burned from the inside out.
makes me a little nervous, ill upload pics next time, there is literally NOTHING left. :(

In my walks through the yards I've come across three that have burned from the inside out. The fires look to be limited to the front compartments. I've been told by a number of people that the majority of fires result from guys messing with the stereo installations and not properly wiring the modes resulting in undersized wiring and at some point poof barbeque

I live by a "staging" yard in Chicago, the place where messed up cars get dropped so insurance can check it out before being sent to savage yards in the burbs, etc. Last week there were THREE, yes 3, LS's with no damage but major engine/dash area fires from the inside out. Consider this yard only holds up to 15-20 cars jammed full...

i would like to find one in a yard close to me that has the complete black window trim like the grey on in the last pic

i would like to find one in a yard close to me that has the complete black window trim like the grey on in the last pic

That ones in Toronto they would probably remove the trim and send it to you. Or I can help you with that if your interested

I live by a "staging" yard in Chicago, the place where messed up cars get dropped so insurance can check it out before being sent to savage yards in the burbs, etc. Last week there were THREE, yes 3, LS's with no damage but major engine/dash area fires from the inside out. Consider this yard only holds up to 15-20 cars jammed full...

Thats too many considering the other ones I've seen over the weekend, that makes EIGHT all together that have had fires in the dash - engine compartment area whats up wiht that?????

It would be good to note if they were stock or had aftermarket radios in them, raising the concern over poor installations.

It would be good to note if they were stock or had aftermarket radios in them, raising the concern over poor installations.

The radios were ripped out of all of the ones I saw but I'm returning to Corey's in London for a new arrival that I hear came in and guess what.....its had a fire in the front compartment

If these are happening with stock radios and no indication of aftermarket work then these owners should be reporting this to NHTSA or it's Canadian version. They may be 6 to 10 years old but wiring should not be going up unless it's due to poor alterations.

If these are happening with stock radios and no indication of aftermarket work then these owners should be reporting this to NHTSA or it's Canadian version. They may be 6 to 10 years old but wiring should not be going up unless it's due to poor alterations.

Agreed, I'm going to have a closer look at the new arrival I hear its a 2002 from the contact I've got at the wrecking yard. Depending on the extent of the damage I should be able to tell if its a stock or an aftermarket radio. The percentage of Lincoln Ls's I'm seeing this way doesnt make sense to me. I'll take some pictures and put them up on Friday this week

That ones in Toronto they would probably remove the trim and send it to you. Or I can help you with that if your interested

I would be interested, assuming that they'd let them go for a reasonable price, pm me with a price and how much to ship, i'll even shoot u some cash for your trouble.

I just scoped out the LKQ here in Dyatona and came up with nothing.... No Lincolns or Jags. Actually I dont think there was a car newer than 2000. I did walk away with a set of projector headlights from a Lexus es300 for $50. Might try to do a retrofit with them or I might sell them.

Just came back from the wrecking yard that called me about the new arrival. This LS was burned out from fire in the front compartment. Checked on the ones from before and like the new arrival I found stock radios in all of them. In both cases the stock radios are in the car and it appears the fire was from something between the fire wall and the dash. Notice the firefighters axe through the window to hit the car with water. I got a new engine cover, two lenses and some body clips and grommets I need for my restoration project. These burned out LS's are bothersome. Another interesting note my budy that works for Lincoln in Michigan gave me the electrical schematic for the 2002 LSE not that it will cure anything but maybe I should make it a pdf and make it available to others?

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Wiring Fires

Oh my well I have not found anything here in the MTO warning posts but the guy at the autowreckers told me that the insurance adjuster told him flat out it was a wiring fire under the dash

The more I read on this the more it reminds me of the 5.0 Mustang wiring fires that prompted a recall. Took my 88 5.0 LX back and they replaced some wiring in the steering column and dash PLUS a new cat H-pipe. Man that car never ran better than with fresh cats.
Where there's smoke...

That last picture of the silver LS with front window smashed and roof damage, but with the moonroof intact. Those panels are amazing how they rarely get damaged no matter how much the car around it is damaged (except for the ones in the pictures above that one).

Members online

No members online now.
Back