The fuel indicator, and travel computer is cheating me in my towncar

Ar/t

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, maybe, all you can help me,
in my towncar '91, the fuel indicator is damaged or somethig, cause when i load gas, the indicador says that i have more gas that is real, and the travel computer is up and down,,,
when i turn of the car and turn on again it show me less gas,,, is very imprecise,,, can someone tellme what is the problem?

and again,,, sorry for my bad english,,, jeje:D

There could be a few reasons for your fuel indicator problems. Have you disconnected your battery recently? The computer takes a while to get used to your driving conditions. It will affect the Miles to Empty. Your sending unit could be going bad, or going out. Depends on how much work you want to put into sovling this problem. As long as you know there is gas in the car then you'll be all right. If this is an on going problem, you can try and diagnose it but there is a potential for a lot of time and effort to be spent. If it were me and it wasn't a showcar I wouldn't worry too much.

Did somE investigating well about 5 years ago co means circuit open more than likely it is the gauge set digital speedometer replace that and I'll bet your problems go away

That is dedication, investigating a case for so many years. you must feel a world of relief now that you have solved it. :) congratulations.

Members online

Back