The following DTC's

Hawk

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
#1 P0703 - Torque Converter/Brake switch B Input Circuit
#2 P1650 - Power steering pressure switch out of self test range
#3 P1565 - Speed Control command out of range high

My car is running kind of sluggish, when I accelerate and take the foot off the gas it seems like it decelerates or slows down faster than usual. Im also getting less MPG.
What is needed to fix code #1 P0703?
If I replace the clock spring will that fix codes #2 and #3? My horn, cruise control does not work and the steering wheel volume controls change the track.
Thanks for any help.

#1 - Are your brake lights working?

#2 - Did you not wiggle the steering wheel at the right time during the KOER self test?

#3 - Probably the clockspring.

#4 (sluggish and bad MPG) - most common cause is marginal coils.

Hello

#1 - Brake lights are working fine. My front brake pads need replacing though, I just did the back pads. Could that be code P0703 - Brake switch B circuit?

#2 - No I did not wiggle the steering wheel, I was not aware that was required during the KOER self test.

#3 - Clockspring will be getting done once I find/order one. (coils and front pads first)

#4 - What exactly do I need to purchase for the marginal cops on 00' Lincoln LS V6 ?
Coils, spark plugs and valve cover gaskets?

- Thanks

1339499916291.jpg

Hello

#1 - Brake lights are working fine. My front brake pads need replacing though, I just did the back pads. Could that be code P0703 - Brake switch B circuit?

#2 - No I did not wiggle the steering wheel, I was not aware that was required during the KOER self test.

#3 - Clockspring will be getting done once I find/order one. (coils and front pads first)

#4 - What exactly do I need to purchase for the marginal cops on 00' Lincoln LS V6 ?
Coils, spark plugs and valve cover gaskets?

- Thanks
1. You probably didn't depress the brake pedal at the right time, so you can ignore that one too.
2. Ignore.
4. Replace the coils and plugs. Amazon has a good deal on the coils. There's no need to replace the valve cover gaskets unless you find oil in any of the spark plug wells.
5. As long as you have the top half of the manifold off to change the coils/plugs, you should go ahead and replace the PCV valve and the PCV plumbing under there.

Hello
I just called one of the local auto parts locations (Lordco) To get a quote and the only coils they have is BorgWarner at $97 per piece. Im not paying $600 for all of them..
How much should I pay for all 6 coils, without ripping myself off?
Any good brands or part numbers would be helpful..
Thanks

Hello
I just called one of the local auto parts locations (Lordco) To get a quote and the only coils they have is BorgWarner at $97 per piece. Im not paying $600 for all of them..
How much should I pay for all 6 coils, without ripping myself off?
Any good brands or part numbers would be helpful..
Thanks

Visteon is a popular brand. seems to be a division of ford, or OE supplier or something. anyway, they're on ebay. have a set in mom's 00 v8. work great.

+1 on the visteon coils. Just did all 8 on mine for less than $200. This is my second LS, and trust me just replace them all at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back