THE DRIVER by ALEXANDER ROY

gcwimmer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have just finished reading a great book that I thought I would pass on: THE DRIVER by ALEXANDER ROY seven time road rally champion. He is part of the outlaw underground racing world, not street racing, or urban racer but long distant endurance racer. 120 mph lap of Manhattan, the 2003 Gumball 3000, from San Francisco to Miami, London to Morocco, and Budapest to Rome traveling at speeds near 200 mph in his modified M5 Autobahn interceptor. His quest to beat the Cannonball runs record, N.Y to L.A. in less than 32 hr. and 7 min.

I found this book to be a great entertaining read and after three chapters hard to put down.

Here is a link to Amazon; read others review.

http://www.amazon.com/Driver-Danger...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198429023&sr=8-1

MJ article on Alex

Men's Journal this month has an article on Alex Roy. He says he'l never have the balls for another attempt to beat his own record. His book kicks as.
Check out Brock Yates book the inspired Roy and the Car and Driver articles on the original "Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash"
Its the real deal on coast to coast runs.
Team Polezei rocks!

He also has a movie coming out to. With the same platform of the book. It's supposed to be out in mid 08' so, I would check that out to. Some of the videos I have seen from that record are pretty intense though. Something I dream of doing one day.

Members online

Back