the brand new HD 48... next in line

Morbid Intentions

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so the new 883 Iron just got replaced as next in line for my next vehicle... for about 2-3K more I can have 1200CC's to play with and a hell of a lot better stance... I'm absolutely loving it

this is the 883 Iron

harley-davidson-883-iron%202.jpg

this is the 48

YouTube- Harley Davidson - Forty-Eight new model 2010

harley-davidson-forty-eight-48-8-601x400-custom.jpg

harley-davidson-fort-16_460x0w.jpg

Harley_Davidson_XL1200_48_1.jpg

hd_p14_304.jpg

so what do you guys think?... besides the classic crotch rocket vs. harley argument that I hear all the time... I love crotch rockets too, but my lower back can't stand the seating arrangement and I'm just looking to have a good time, not go fast... plus I love the rat punk "I don't care" sex appeal that the harleys have, especially this one

They look OK, but no provision for a passenger bothers me.

I'm really liking the 2010 Fat Boy Lo - a bit spendy, but I'd wait and get one used.

Someone I know just got a used 2008 Fat Bob - great looking bike!

IDK what it is really, I love the riding position and the low slung dark style... sits a hell of a lot lower and more meaner than any other Sportster I've seen

I've been reading the reviews on it since my initial "HOLY CRAP I'M GETTING THIS BEFORE SUMMER IS OUT" and the 2.1 Gallon peanut tank seems to be a downfall as it's only good for about 100 miles... so frequent stops are expected, and the lowered suspension makes for a bit harsher ride... but all in all if you just want a sweet little bike that just looks BA and you aren't going to go that far on in one sitting.... I think it's amazing

I want the Iron in a bad way, love that damn bike. Id get the pipes and wheels black chromed tho.

It's based off the earlier designs (tires from the 60's bike form the 70's-80's) When Harley's were actually Harley's. Not the yuppy bikes you see all the business folk riding today. They pretty much pussified the bike world.

I like it. Hell, my pops even likes it. He hasn't liked a new bike in 25 years, lol. It says alot when you buy a bike like that. You will get alot of respect from the older crowd.

Here's a vid of pops last shovel head he spent 3 years building. Balanced and blue printed, bored over, all hand dipped chrome, ceramic coated pipes, loctite on every thing, hand made wire harness, powder coated, and wrinkle finished.

He had issues selling it because their was no front window or saddle bags. He had some yuppy come look at it with cash in hand. Guy said he was going to put saddle bags and a front window on it, pops told him to get the F*** out of the yard.

Be cafeful if you get one, I know where you live, don'y want the citidiots killing you.

He had 12k in receipts, bike had 1200 miles on it. He let it go for $5600.

YouTube- Shovel Head

I've alwayys wanted a 883. Performance it to hell and when someone calls it a girl bike tell'em to put there money on it or shut up. I do like the look of the 48 though also.

It is a girl bike...my sister rides one. I wish they still made the soft-tail deuce.

I love a soft tail, I just like the way a sportster handles more... I like the lower stance and with a set of forward controls I just think the sportster is a better cruiser (a fat boy is a whole other story though, love 'em)

plus, for someone that cares about speed for the extra thousands you will spend for the soft tail you can invest in a 1500CC sidewinder kit and haul babies faces off on a lighter and more agile platform

@ ground Zero

that's EXACTLY how I felt about the bike... I hated the new harleys coming out, I might have bought a used Griso 8V until they brought this new HD out

THIS is a Griso 8V... the ultimate package

big_guzzi_griso_8v_se_my_09_04.jpg

Moto-Guzzi-Griso-8V-01.jpg

I'm not buying one brand new until I have at least 5 years of riding under my belt though

Buy what you like,who cares what others think.The sportys are nice bikes if your not going to be doing much highway riding and long trips!....ie awesome bar hopper.I like that 46 over a new 883 . I realy do like the older style 883 with 1200 heads and a mild cam..to me its not a sporty if it doesnt have a peanut tank

883 with 1200 heads and a mild cam.

I heard this was a very easy swap to pull off as well... in a shop with a dyno and all the tools necessary my friend who has been riding for longer than I've been alive told me we could pull it apart and swap it up in a day and then have it ready to roll out on the street the next... that is if we actually work through the day though lol

Members online

Back