The Best Factory Door Speakers

Got my speakers hooked up. Put 2 front door speakers in the front. They are c2 650x. Had them from a previous car, hooked them up to an old jensen 100x4 amp.

Last edited:
I've ALWAYS been impressed with ford and Lincoln stock audio systems. And with the amount of Lincoln's and fords my parents have owned I've heard a lot of them. My second gen LS V8 has the stock sound mark audio and it sounds GREAT. I love the THX system in my moms FULLY LOADED 2012 MKT ECOBOOST.

This might be out of left field, but here's my sound from 2012. I know not for every one lol. 10" mids, 4" super tweeters, and later added horn drivers. Can't find any finished pics off my old phones. Still have these sitting in storage.

IMG-20120426-00264.jpg
IMG-20120426-00265.jpg
IMG-20120919-00281.jpg

2 questions, 1. Do you still have any hearing? 2. Why ????????
Lol yea plenty. It was a well tuned 4 way actively crossed machined so it didn't produce any ear fatigue either. As to why, well I'm more of a why not kind of guy lol.

Lol yea plenty. It was a well tuned 4 way actively crossed machined so it didn't produce any ear fatigue either. As to why, well I'm more of a why not kind of guy lol.

I was wondering the same thing.
You have enough speaker surface area to cause seismic readings.

I’m sure it sounds pretty sweet from within the car and outside with the doors open.

Good job from one sound enthusiast to another.

I was wondering the same thing.
You have enough speaker surface area to cause seismic readings.

I’m sure it sounds pretty sweet from within the car and outside with the doors open.

Good job from one sound enthusiast to another.
That would be a nice set up when at an outdoor party. I need to do some tuning, etc as I get listening fatigue rather fast with my new front door speakers. On the tuning, do you do it yourself, or have a shop?

That would be a nice set up when at an outdoor party. I need to do some tuning, etc as I get listening fatigue rather fast with my new front door speakers. On the tuning, do you do it yourself, or have a shop?

Not sure if you are asking me or Iced.

I’ve tuned my own amps and made EQ adjustments.
My LS is stock but my 2006 Duramax is the the ride I have all the aftermarket audio gear in but nothing on the scale of what Iced LS has done to his ride.

There's alot involved with tuning. ALOT. Crossover, gains, eq to start. Proper wiring, matching speakers to amps and power is another thing. And you'll need testing tools for best results.

Tuning is also subjective. Your goal isn't necessarily a flat eq curve, it's what pleasing to the ears. This comes with experience, but if it's sounds good - it is good. It's fun and rewarding doing it yourself, but can also be another source of grief if you can't get it right. Take it to a reputable commecial shop or private sound guy for a consult if it escapes you.

Ok, so I installed an amp in my car. I removed the amp turn on wire that goes to the console speaker amp, and sent it to the new amp in the trunk but the thing only sends 6.38v the new amp needs 12v. Is this the normal power for the console amp? Second, for now, I patched the remote turn on wire to the power that goes from the battery to the amp. When I disconnect the wire to prevent drainage of my battery, the speakers pop. Any suggestions on how to fix?

The factory amp turn on wire is about 7V and is current limited. The reason is that signal is actually two-way communication. The factory amp is able to signal back on that wire if it has a problem.

The factory amp turn on wire is about 7V and is current limited. The reason is that signal is actually two-way communication. The factory amp is able to signal back on that wire if it has a problem.
Joy, have any suggestions on what to tap into? Maybe the accesory wire?

Yes, that would work, except for the RAP (radio plays till you open the driver's door). The amp will go off when you turn the key off.

Yes, that would work, except for the RAP (radio plays till you open the driver's door). The amp will go off when you turn the key off.
Thanks, Joe. Now, I lost the page that had the list of wires from the radio, do you know which one is accessory?

Members online

Back