The answer to my one of a kind body kit?

camthman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So always thought that I had a Wings West body kit, until I looked at it closely. I just got my LSE bumper so I thought I would go at it and take my front lip off. I ran into some pretty interesting things..... So I found a tag on the inside if the front lip. It says FMPI - 2003 - Lincoln - LS. So I'm thinking NOT Wings West. Then I starting looking at the inner fender liner. let me explain with some pics.

First off here is my font Lip.

2079449770_b091995581.jpg

On this Pic you can see on the TOP circle, you can see where the little notch in the fenderliner fits into the stock bumper, but then the interesting thing is that the fenderliner is long enough and fits PERFECTLY into the lower Lip. You can see in the lower circle. This makes me Think that it is an OEM peice. Without the front lip, there would be a BIG peice of fenderliner just hanging.

2278972652_f1761e32b8.png

Just some more pics...

2278164077_9469ed203b.png

2278177323_3650e2f2e9.png

What do you guys think????

Is that tag on the front fascia or on the lip? I still think that the lip was custom fabbed. As well as the lower grille. Whoever did that could have made a bunch of money, it's a really slick kit.

As can be seen from this picture:
03LincolnLS1.jpg

The lip kit was stuck on top of the bottom of the regular front fascia. I don't know if the person cut out the lower grille, or just stuck something on top of it. Is the entire lower grille attached to the custom endpieces next to the fog lights?

Yes, Its ALLLL one piece. I have a hard time thinking its Custom fabbed. There is no way they would custom make the fender liners to go into the custom lip... The serial number thing was on the inside of the lip. Also its STAMPED into the urethane I couldnt take a pic of it.

I don't know why Lincoln would just one off a lip kit and never even say anything about it. And there just might be some guy out there that is really good at fabricating fiberglass or plastic or whatever that's made out of.

Searching for FMPI doesn't bring up anything about cars. I can see where it might stand for Ford Motors something something. But what I haven't the foggiest.

I don't know... I tried to google that stuff... got nothin...

You can see how the stock lip conforms to the inner fender liner in this shot, it's the only shot I have on hand....

cnv0476sc9.jpg

I hate the front end of my model so much I have few pics of it, but for reference the only shot I have shows how little of a front lip there really is.

cnv0485sv6.jpg

I am so glad I snagged a new LSE nose kit......it's going to be a while before it gets installed, but at least I've got one on hand.

look at rode... showin off his giant brakes... Compensating much? :-D

I'd bet those are 15" rotors... Which is pretty damn big.

Granted, it's not a set of carbon-ceramic brakes off of a Ferrari but still... They make the factory brakes look like they belong on a mountain bike

Here goes, I want first chance at it.

Thank you
Leo

sure.... I have to figure out what I want to charge for it... Since its a rare peice and all. Ill let you know.

Easy now. It is used too. I can do local pickup also, you're not that far from me, about 1.5 hrs.

I'll give ya $4.32

Deal?

And obviously wilwood has a kit that can fit the LS... Since that is an LS WITH WILWOOD BRAKES. (adaptor requried I believe)

Easy now. It is used too. I can do local pickup also, you're not that far from me, about 1.5 hrs.

Ill let you know man. Im going to see if there is anyway I can modify it to fit my 03 lse bumper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back