testing the MAF and p0430

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've got code P0430 which is the Cat below efficiency code, but the cats are new and doing fine. All 4 o2 sensors are 2 months old tops, and my intake is sealed up tight, no leaks through the path. My short trim fuel reading is incredibly high for bank 1 (near 30 at idle!!) The next thing on the checklist troubleshooting is my MAF. One wire is slightly pulled back from the plug, but it doesn't seem like it should be enough top cause any errors.. how can I test to see if my MAF is working properly and if I need to replace it? I keep it clean, generally giving it a once over with some electronics cleaner every few months. Or should I troubleshoot elsewhere? I'm all ears if you don't think the MAF should be checked next. The idle is... only the slightest but rough... but that could just because of the mods. otherwise it doesn't sputter or stall at all, just moves along as it should. might be a tad on the sluggish side.

I'm guessing there is a resistance reading you can take across the pins, but I'm not positive.

Have you tried unplugging the MAF and starting it to see what happens?

I'm guessing there is a resistance reading you can take across the pins, but I'm not positive.

You can check to see if the resistance element is open by reading the resistance with a meter. Since the resistance changes with temperature (airflow across the element cools it) there isn't much you can check when it's static.

Have you checked for a vacumn leak? I changed all 4 O2 sensors, still had a ruff idle, found the boot for the PCV valve pipe cracked. Replaced code & ruff idle went away. Just my thought.

Mine had cracked too, but I heat-shrink wrapped it and its as tightly sealed as its gonna get. I checked leaks and didn't see any.

Members online

No members online now.
Back