Test Drove a Pontiac Solstice

brentalan

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My brother works for GM, he got a company model down for us to check out. It's not really that fast, 177 hp ecotec 4-cyl, but the handling was sick. You sit really low in the car and the shifter is up below the shoulder, it has a nice armrest to put your arm up. Lots of fun to drive, only complaints are visiblity is POOR, even in the front. There is a roll bar thing on the front window and I couldn't even seen the stoplights above me. But this is all to be expected. Not many people have seen it before so I got a lot of stares and finger pointing. Fun to be center of attention LOL.

435079409fqnwOx_ph.jpg

Yeah, I would consider buying one if I didn't already have 3 cars. It's a great alternative to an econobox for commuting. My commute is 90 miles round trip, so the gas prices are killing me. Something like this would be nice because it gets the same mileage as the econoboxes, but is a lot more fun (convertible, 5-speed, RWD, 245/45/18 tires)

Big dog...It's made by pontiac. Mad Miata (excuse me MX-5) competition. I think they look sweet as hell though. Slap the SC from a Cobalt SS on there and you got yourself one hell of a little roadster.

i think it looks cool
but its a bit small for me
i like convetibles
only convetibles

i think the fastest convetible i ever drove was my cusinse modified BMW 645 he bought it brandnew and ripped out the exsuast putsomthing els in there and some other things that was fast

Oh, it's small, but def. bigger than a miata.

The passenger is a friend of mine from work. She came up with me to check it out too.

FreeFaller said:
Yeah, it's small. But I bet that bitch is bolted to rails.
YEah it has been reviewed by a whole bunch of magazines...

They say the same thing!

Members online

Back