test drive

l-m tech

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i had a mark lt in my stall this morning , had 2 miles on it.i checked it over made sure the i was doted and the t crossed.i like the grill ,some of the interior is kinda plane.the power was ok at best.what really blew me away is the lack of air ride. the rimes are a steal wheel with a chrome cover glued on the wheel. this thing cost only 40k,i think thay missed on this vehicle .

what is the diff between this and a new lariat????????? i saw one on show when i was out somewhere and i personally didnt think it was worth imhop

mainly body trim,and some interier material.its not bad.just looks like an massaged f-150.no real bells or wistles

l-m tech said:
mainly body trim,and some interier material.its not bad.just looks like an massaged f-150.no real bells or wistles

I agree totally. They did the same thing with the aviator i mean explorer i mean mountaineer. I wish they'd design a car to be a lincoln again.

I do agree that the Mark LT resembles a f-150 they are basically the same vehicle. But why doesn't Caddy get reamed for marketing the escalade/yukon/denali/tahoe or escalade ext/avalanche or escalade esv/yukon xl/denali yukon xl/suburban ? Did I mention they also share the same interior as every single full size tuck GM makes. At least lincoln does a little more than stamp a different insignia in the steering wheel, and sew their insignia in the head rest and it magically becomes a lincoln. Every vehicle I just listed from GM has the identical interior, dash, seats, steering wheel, and 90 % of the options on any of the escalade models you can get on a yukon or avalache. If you lined up a 05 Navi, 05 Expedition and a 05 Mark LT everything inside and out is different!! Except for the sheet metal on the doors and Ex/Mark hood!! More importantly the other 10% of opts you can't get are copies of what ford has done. For example the "NEW" clock on the 2005 caddy is a direct copy of the 2003 and up Navi. The "HEATED and COOLED" seats only available on the $70,000.00 platinum caddy have been available on Navi's since late 1999. I know caddy has a whopping 45 more horsepower in the escalade, but I have driven both vehicles and honestly feel that the Navi had more punch when I got on the gas. I also honestly believe if it were not for escalades being on MTV constantly as the suv of choice by most rap artists simply 'cause "it's a cadillac" I don't think the thing would sell half as good as it does.
I know for some reason society has really dogged almost everything that Lincoln has done in the past few years but am I the only one who sees Lincoln innovating and Caddy immitating? I bet we'll see some power running boards before long on the escalade!!

Not all esculate come with the 345 hp. The stock one has 285 I think. Most of them have the 285 than the 345.(my opinion) What is the preformance on the 285hp engine.

bucketthead said:
what is the diff between this and a new lariat????????? i saw one on show when i was out somewhere and i personally didnt think it was worth imhop

Thats just it, only thing realy different is trim and lincoln emblem and lil more power I think if you where to get a new lariat instead of a Mark LT you would save 10 G's.

Lincoln Luebbe said:
I do agree that the Mark LT resembles a f-150 they are basically the same vehicle. But why doesn't Caddy get reamed for marketing the escalade/yukon/denali/tahoe or escalade ext/avalanche or escalade esv/yukon xl/denali yukon xl/suburban ? Did I mention they also share the same interior as every single full size tuck GM makes. At least lincoln does a little more than stamp a different insignia in the steering wheel, and sew their insignia in the head rest and it magically becomes a lincoln. Every vehicle I just listed from GM has the identical interior, dash, seats, steering wheel, and 90 % of the options on any of the escalade models you can get on a yukon or avalache. If you lined up a 05 Navi, 05 Expedition and a 05 Mark LT everything inside and out is different!! Except for the sheet metal on the doors and Ex/Mark hood!! More importantly the other 10% of opts you can't get are copies of what ford has done. For example the "NEW" clock on the 2005 caddy is a direct copy of the 2003 and up Navi. The "HEATED and COOLED" seats only available on the $70,000.00 platinum caddy have been available on Navi's since late 1999. I know caddy has a whopping 45 more horsepower in the escalade, but I have driven both vehicles and honestly feel that the Navi had more punch when I got on the gas. I also honestly believe if it were not for escalades being on MTV constantly as the suv of choice by most rap artists simply 'cause "it's a cadillac" I don't think the thing would sell half as good as it does.
I know for some reason society has really dogged almost everything that Lincoln has done in the past few years but am I the only one who sees Lincoln innovating and Caddy immitating? I bet we'll see some power running boards before long on the escalade!!

something about the escalade makes it a winner. I guess its from all the MTV/rapper/athlete exposure. That front end sure is nice though. The escalade is definitely the "it" item right now. Its sad but true that nobody of any importance ever mentions Lincoln. Its like celebritys don't care. You are right................society as a whole has basically forgot about Lincoln. I'm sorry but to reverse this trend Lincoln needs to come up with some really innovative products and then give them to rappers/athletes until Lincoln has its street cred built up. Thats what i would do. Rebadged F150s just don't cut it. Actually, caddy is starting to come on strong in its car department in the last few years. The CTS-V is one bad mother and i like the SLR. Their overall product is slowly improving. Its sad but caddy doesn't even consider Lincoln a competitor anymore. It is going after BMWs and Mercedes. Its like caddy is starting to take off as a brand while lincoln just barely stays afloat financially. They need something to really shake things up.

With a totally different interior, sound system, and air suspension. Not just a differant grille and tailights. By the way check the all-new 2007 Escalade with a copied power liftgate, and climate controlled front seats which Lincoln has been doing since 2000. I would appreciate Cadillac more if they did more than increase horsepower with every new model of the Escalade. And yes I drove both first and second generation Navi's and Escalades. I bought the Lincoln.

With a totally different interior, sound system, and air suspension. Not just a differant grille and tailights. By the way check the all-new 2007 Escalade with a copied power liftgate, and climate controlled front seats which Lincoln has been doing since 2000. I would appreciate Cadillac more if they did more than increase horsepower with every new model of the Escalade. And yes I drove both first and second generation Navi's and Escalades. I bought the Lincoln.

Lincoln Luebbe said:

um....well the escalade is NOTHING like the Tahoe or ANY other truck GM makes. If you think the current escalade is anything like the first one you are sadly mistaken.
Air suspension? Thats probrably the reason why the Navi handles like a bus. Absolutly terrible.
The Navi from day one until current STILL HAS VERY LITTLE power.
A huge load of 6000 lbs with such a tiny motor is a joke. And one that lists for almost 60K is a disgrace.

Well what i think is a joke since Ive owned many Cadillacs over the years and many Lincolns is that Cadillacs name is just a name their quality is not as good as most people think. Ive had two northstar Seville's and many other cads from the 60s to the 80s both of the northstars showed their age with less then 60k oil leaking and many suspension problems and electric gremlins not to mention the interior headroom was short. Almost all my cads had some sort of problem.

Which brings me to the navigator i looked at both the navigator and escalde i liked having a real 4x4 which i need as sometimes i go to check my property east of the mountain's and need low range not just an AWD one thing that really bugged me was the fact that the escalade has the same interior as my 04 GMC sierra truck and another thing as the same as my GMC truck the steering wheel sits about 1 and 1/4 off center of the dash cluster. Plus any of us that have had one of the early 80s cads know about the air shock system that is almost the same as the escalade rear air ride works fine for a few years then sags. thats another reason i chose navigator i like the four wheel real air suspension and that its independent and plus being a former greyhound coach operator i can say it handles nothing like a bus.

Now as far as HP goes i could care less they are both bricks and not meant to go fast if i want that i go and dig out the SL600 out of the garage.

I guess to each his own but this is one mans opinion on the subject.

Manny Garcia

Well what i think is a joke since Ive owned many Cadillacs over the years and many Lincolns is that Cadillacs name is just a name their quality is not as good as most people think. Ive had two northstar Seville's and many other cads from the 60s to the 80s both of the northstars showed their age with less then 60k oil leaking and many suspension problems and electric gremlins not to mention the interior headroom was short. Almost all my cads had some sort of problem.

Which brings me to the navigator i looked at both the navigator and escalde i liked having a real 4x4 which i need as sometimes i go to check my property east of the mountain's and need low range not just an AWD one thing that really bugged me was the fact that the escalade has the same interior as my 04 GMC sierra truck and another thing as the same as my GMC truck the steering wheel sits about 1 and 1/4 off center of the dash cluster. Plus any of us that have had one of the early 80s cads know about the air shock system that is almost the same as the escalade rear air ride works fine for a few years then sags. thats another reason i chose navigator i like the four wheel real air suspension and that its independent and plus being a former greyhound coach operator i can say it handles nothing like a bus.

Now as far as HP goes i could care less they are both bricks and not meant to go fast if i want that i go and dig out the SL600 out of the garage.

I guess to each his own but this is one mans opinion on the subject.

Manny Garcia

Dont know how you can compare a vehicle for over 20 years ago. Shows how out of date you are.
Hey, I own a Lincoln truck myself but facts are facts. Its still a Ford. Does nothing but squeeks and rattles like crazy. Shows Lincoln isnt as good as people think. Escalade after years..........not a noise to be heard.
Just because the navi has a pathetic motor dont say you can care less.
I could care less about the Navi's air suspension. If I want a smooth ride I will get a luxary car.
If the escalade had less power than the Navi you guys would never shut up about it. Hurts when the tables are turned. Dosent it.....get used to it.

I like how I'm out of date lol i just call it like i see it every cad i have had was less then it should have been and I'm not talking 20 years ago i owned a new Seville in 95 and another new one in 99 both were about the same build wise head gasket problems on one and massive oil leaks on the other one the matter of fact my 99 was a repurchase since i had so many problems with it no i have never owned escalade but along time friend of mine does and his experience has not been the best either. And something else you say if you wanted a smooth ride you would get a luxury car well every report Ive read say that escalade has a smoother ride then the navigator go figure air suspension don't mean soft ride. By the way do yourself own an escalade?

I'm not going to argue the point with you since you seem so pro caddy as i said its one mans Opinion on the subject

Manny Garcia

I know the escalade has a better ride. But you wanted to comment on the navi's air suspension. Like I said the Navi handles like a bus. When you drive a escalade you will know what I mean. I am not pro caddy or pro anything. I think the caddy is a better vehicle.
How can you compare an old seville with an escalade? Back then Caddy made their own drivetrains, thats why there were problems. GM has the best drivetrains, hands down. Ask any mechanic and they will all tell you the same thing.
I used to own a mark 7 years ago and that car was in the shop more than I drove it. After 40K miles air suspension was shot, alternator dead, and a TON of ignition and electrical problems. But unlike you I wont compare that car to a new Lincoln. Think about what your comparing, then think again.
My brother has an 03 escalade. And its MUCH better than my 06 Lincoln. Sorry to say but its the truth.

First off are you telling me you own a 06 Lincoln truck or a navigator if you got the mark Lt you have my sympathy . I'm comparing the escalade to the navigator I'm just telling i had allot of issues with cads period enough that i never want to own one again and take a chance . Don't get me wrong I'm not pro ford i had a brand new 04 power stroke diesel that was a lemoned in 6 months of being new and i purchased a 04 GMC duramax to replace it so I've had a GM product and a Ford Product that has gone lemon law. The Navigator fit my needs and has given me good service since it was new in 04
I find the 5.4 to be a good motor i liked that it was an DOHC motor and not a push rod motor i guess if i was racing people from stoplight to stoplight i would want the extra HP of the Escalade but i don't do that so it works for me.

I guess if your that unhappy with you 06 Lincoln maybe you need to trade it in for something else or if its already squeaking and rattling if its an 06 sounds like maybe you should take it back and make them fix it.

Manny Garcia

06 Lincoln navi I have. Which is a TRUCK!!! It no better than my Ford explorer. ANd yes since day one it has been squeeking and rattleing. I am bringing it back to get fixed. I never had these problems with a GM product.
NO I dont think I want to loose 20K in trading the truck in.
And having decent power has nothing to do with racing. The truck simply cant get out of its own way. Unless you have been locked in a closet for the past 5 years or so, the HP wars are on.
Even an aviator has more HP. Yes it has less torque but it also weights 2000lbs less.
If a tiny 5.4 is the best Ford can do, no wonder the escalade out sells then 2 to 1.

I keep telling you that some people don't care about HP I could care less about HP wars I wouldn't buy a Yugo just becuase it had 500 HP i like i can tow more with my Navigator then an escalade and i have real 4 wheel drive 4Hi 4 Lo and even AWD if i want it i got it to fit my needs and i need 4 Lo sometimes when im on the back of my property Plus i like the looks of it ahole lot better. Why did you even buy a Navigator if you like the caddy so much.

This is my last post on this you have your opioin and i have mine kinda pointless you like the caddy i like the lincoln.

Manny Garcia

Well alot more people care about HP then your towing capacity. Plus the caddy is the same as the Navi. Cant tow more with the Lincoln. Caddy has REAL 4 wheel drive.
The only reason why you say you dont care about HP is because the Caddy has alot more.
Your right, I should of been like most other people and buy the caddy just like they did. Better quality and MUCH more power. Ford just dosent have what it takes. They cant compare no matter how hard they try.

I agree totally. They did the same thing with the aviator i mean explorer i mean mountaineer. I wish they'd design a car to be a lincoln again.

Actually no, they did a lot more to the Aviator then a rebadge/grille and some interior trim.

-The engine: 302hp-300ft/lb Cobra DOHC 4.6L, unique to the Aviator (and still more powerful than the updated V8s in the current EX/Mountaineer) -much more powerful than 05 and older Ex/Mounty

-Suspension: Aviator specific tuning, including aluminum components (vs. steel for EX/Mounty) -It can outhandle many cars I've driven. Yet still rides smoother than EXx/mounty. I would say it is the best handling "body on frame" SUV ever built. (X5, FX, SRX all unibody, so that is an unfair comparision.)

-Interior: Kickass near exact copy of new Navigator dash (nothing like Ex/Mounty), thick special laminated front windows. More sound deadening etc.

-Exterior: Shares no panels, except for the roof maybe. Factory Xenon.

I'm sure there is more that I have missed. Any other Aviator owners can chime in.

There, I hope I have fixed some ignorance.

It is a shame they have discontinued the Aviator IMO. It is a great truck. Very underestimated and often written off as a rebadged Exploder.

The Mark LT is a half-assed attempt IMO though.

Members online

Back