Teach me stuff about my car

Dr. Paul

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, some friends of mine and I (all hardcore Mustang guys) are considering some mods to my 98 LSC. I have the following questions:

1. What are the available computer codes for my car, and what's the difference?
2. What is my rear axle ratio?
3. Is the TwEECer RT compatible with these computers?

My friend Paul (yes, another one) is an uber-TwEECer tuner, and we may purchase our own chip burning equipment for this. Other plans include a rebuilt trak-lok, 4.10 gears, and some nice clean gauges. I also plan to 'fix what's broke' on the car.

Anything I should be aware of when doing this?

Paul.

1. no clue
2. 3.08 for base. 3.27 for LSC.
3. email them the catch code on the ECU. my 95 is covered by the RT.

you know everything about these cars paul, why do you need us?

MrWilson said:
you know everything about these cars paul, why do you need us?

I don't know sh!t about Lincolns. Mustangs and pushrod SBF is where my expertise is. I also have some general performance knowledge.

Anyone know where I could get the info on the ECU codes? One of you guys has to know about this stuff.

Paul.

where the connector goes into the ECU there is a 3 or 4 digit code in large bold type.

thats the catch code.

Yes, I know where to find the code, I was just wondering what are all the available codes, and what differences exist between them. For example, the most popular Fox Mustang codes are A9L and A9P, with the L being for stick shift and P for auto. The timing/fuel tables are slightly different the in P code. There may also be a california car code for my Lincoln, and that's what I'm trying to ascertain.

Paul.

i read on modular forum that the code DZA1 was considered the most agressive code,but thats on eec iv,, obd 1.

other than that all i know is that there are more than 2 handfuls of codes ,hard to believe there wouldnt just be 3 or 4 codes, why so many?

are these like the "cheat codes" my son gets for his video games?
what do you do? use a code to change computer settings?

i have no clue what code means what. it would be nice to find out though.

my code, DZA1, is supported even though its not listed on their list.

as for so many codes....every little tiny change ford does to the programming gets a new catch code.

Well, perhaps I shall have to do some research and report back...

Members online

Back