Teach a old dog new tricks

dwash202

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a '97 Mark and I own a '93 Mark and I had '95 which i was parting off for the '93 but i lost to Katrina. I don't have a owners manuel. I've been scrolling through the message center, and I see it'a a little different. What does washer/headlamp mean? I have HIDs in the low beam but can i buy some for the high beams?...Yes when i pull up at someones house i wanna see what they are doing. lol Also where can i find a air intake for my '97 and '93? I already got the K&N filter installed. oh yeah on another note does anybody use the reverse mirror on their gen ii? lol.

nope.. i cant stand the reverse mirrors.. they can be handy if your trying to parallel park in a tough spot though..

get some silverstars for the high beams, they are much better than stock. i dont know of any HID high beam conversions..

washer/headlamp? i dont remember seeing that one..

that setting is for auto headlights on when you turn the wipers on... good for states where having headlights on during rain is the law.

Reverse lamps sux. I do like when you are in Rev and move the mirrors they go back to the org setting when you move the gear select out of reverse.

As stated above the headlights will come on when the wipers are turned on.

Don't know of any HID for high beams.

Current Stable:
00 Stang vert - side pipes, super chip, CAI
98 LSC
96 Haulmark enclosed race trailer (going to eBay soon)
94 E-150 5.8l
65 T-Bird Coupe
65 T-Bird vert
64 Austin Healy 3000

Gone but not forgott'n:
95 Gen I Base RIP
92 Merc Grand Marq -Police package...sigh
90 TC
85 T-bird Fila
78 TC Monster Block 460CID RIP

huh.. i never knew that i could have the headlights come on with the wipers.. i just have my headlights come on when its dark..

HID ballasts don't take kindly to being turned off an on quickly, and that's what you will be doing with high-beams when you flash to pass or turn them off for on-comming traffic, then back on.

Until HID technology gets better it would be wise to stick with halogen lamps for your high-beams.

have had good light from the silver stars that are on the 94. it has 95 hids installed on it. jd

Members online

Back