TCI Streetfighter 3000rpm converter installed!

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Its in, over-all the install was quite easy minus the 2 exhaust manifold bolts that broke and had to be drilled out and re-tapped. Ill edit this later with all the pictures and links for the PDF's on the removal and install on a G2 LS8. So far this is the second day that the car has been running and all was good until I really started beating on it, right now the only issue is the SST foot brake to 3K launch, it immediately jumps to 2nd gear after the tires spin a little and then shortly after 3rd. Other than that everything else is smooth. Im uploading a couple cell phone videos to streetfire right now and then Ill embed them into this thread. Hopefully Ill get some better quality ones soon. Over all Im VERY impressed with this mod and youll see in the videos how much better it is coming off the line, absolutely no bog as opposed to a lot from the stock 2200rpm converter. Ill embed a before video as well. :D

50 views and the only comment is from a MKVIII guy, way to show support LS community, last time I take the plunge on spending my money to benefit us performance wise.. :rolleyes:

Haha, sorry dude, I just watched the videos. Big change!

Now, do I order one now? Or wait til spring? I should probably throw that 500 towards the truck purchase.

About the truck. The LS is my only car right now. i don't want it to see another winter. So I'm gonna buy a mid eighties chev 350 3/4 ton 4x4, hopefully with a standard transmission.

Yea same here, I dont want mine to see any winter/snow, I already have a truck tho.. But yea, rain/snow and the TCI doesnt seem like its gonna be a good mix..

I'll be very interested to see any detriments to your driving experience---if there are any. Please keep us up to date!!
KS

I've tried for the life of me to find a performance TC for the 5R55N transmission...
No luck in my search...

Just got off the phone with TCI's tech support.

TCI Streetfighter for 5R55S WILL WORK WITH THE 5R55N TRANSMISSION. It's the same converter for both applications.

Looks like Ill have to put this twin 55 on this weekend to keep myself standing out in the performance area of these damned cars.. If/when you get it, if you need help you got my number

Yessir. I may be giving you a call when I'm ready.

It's not if I get it, it's when. :D

twin 55?

edit... nevermind. you were talking about a TB. lol.

Last edited:
Lol Did you think I meant like twin 55mm turbos or something???? :shifty: Yea I mean the throttle body, that dumb little one and that sh!tty elbow or whatever the hell it is is such a restriction, the throttle body is what 60/65mm, the intake manifold inlet on a gen2 is seriously like 95mm.. I dont understand half the decisions that were made development wise on this engine.. Anywho, sheet metal fixes all, gonna make a 4in CAI for the TB upgrade as well..

Yeah, I didn't know what the hell you were talking about at first, but turbos was what came to mind.

I've never taken the TB off the intake, so I don't know what could be done with gen1.

Fox body Mustang throttle bodies work IIRC, find my thread in this forum about cams/headers and whatever else it states it in there.. Sully and somebody else figured it out..

which TCI Torque Converter did you get? My shop (Carburetor Connection) says they can get me in a TC + Tune at the same time which will add much power benefits and power and allow the PCM to use the TC to ull capabilities....but that's word of mouth (what they said) what would you suggest?

Members online

Back